Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a crier!!

Sold my car yesterday.
    Trust me, it was like pulling teeth trying to get me to sell it, but I just wasn't ever driving it and paying insurance for something you're not going to drive isn't exactly smart this day and age. So, he's gone. And yes, I cried. My father, who was my negotiator because I'm a pushover, at me, but driving away from my baby... the first car I wanted, picked out, and bought by myself... was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Seriously. (I don't have a husband or kids, so things aren't exactly in perspective just yet)
    Don't get me wrong... absolutely love my Tahoe but I will always be an f-body girl. I hope I get to own another one sometime! The girl I sold it to is around my age and has never owned her own car. I knew what that felt like and she was SUPER excited about it yesterday... so it was awesome to get to pass on a car I love so much to another female. I just hope she takes care of it and I don't see it around town scratched to "you know where" with the front end missing... but I don't guess that's something I can worry about too much.
    I hope she enjoys it as much as I did.
    '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Sorry to hear about your loss-lol. That does suck selling a car you loved. I like how you reffered to your car as him. Mines a her-hahaha Enjoy that Tahoe, thoes rides are sweet!

Comment

Come out to california, I'll let you drive my camaro
      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by njrextreme
        I like how you reffered to your car as him. Mines a her-hahaha Enjoy that Tahoe, thoes rides are sweet!
        Yep... all my vehicles are male... for good reason, but it's not appropriate.

I absolutely love my Tahoe, but he doesn't have a name... The Firebird's name was "Love to Laugh" or at least that's what his tag said... the Tahoe has the same tag, but it's a tribute to the bird... so his tag probably won't ever be his name, but name suggestions??? for a Black Tahoe...
        '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

My cars are girls
          Betty is my camaro
          Sissy is my bimmer
          and Cybil is my CBR 600rr
          2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Ya I had lots of names for my cars but I can not say them or I will get ban from this site.
            Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
              Ya I had lots of names for my cars but I can not say them or I will get ban from this site.
              Blazer

Oh yeah, been there.... LOL
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

i hated selling my frist car i bought(my 83) i spent all winter rebuilding the engine and when i found my 88 the following winter i sold it to a kid, a week later i got a phone call saying he blew the motor up after doing a doughnut and asked if i wanted it back
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Selling my T/A was very hard as well. I sold it for the same reasons you did... I just wasn't driving it enough anymore to warrant insurance, registration, taxes, etc.

Just keep in mind that you'll own another one someday. That always helps me when I start missing mine a lot.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I can't imagine the feeling selling your first car, an awesome f-body theless. I'm still driving my first and plan to never sell it...I'd probably like a baby too if I were to ever.

Glad you love the Tahoe though, great new car!
                    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                    X