what kinda bird is this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kinda bird is this

Went to the thousand Islands this weekend and found this bird ontop of a pole. Looks like some kinda eagle to me?

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

Hard to tell from the photo but it's either an Osprey or Falcon.

Comment

Nice picture...and yes, that is indeed an Osprey. They are found throughout the US, and eat, almost exclusively, fish.

Odds are, you saw this near a large body of water, correct?

The white neck/belly/breast and black eye stripe are indicative of the species.

Their call is a short series of chirps...almost like a rabbit in distress.
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

It was at our campground near the St. Lawrence River. At first I thought it was some kind of Eagle (witch is what I really wanted to find), but an Osprey is somthing new to me anywho.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
        2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

I went down to the 10,000 islands back in 1989. The Osprays had some "huts" that were about 10 feet tall. They looked like tree houses.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I saw an Osprey make a dive into a canal behind the house, he took flight again with a 8" fish in it's talons. What a cool sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
              I went down to the 10,000 islands back in 1989. The Osprays had some "huts" that were about 10 feet tall. They looked like tree houses.
              Did you go to Boldt Castle?

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
              2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                Did you go to Boldt Castle?
                I don't remember that. Hey it was 20 years ago. We didn't go "to" any place. Just cruised around. We took one of those paddle boat lunch cruises out of Marco Island. About all I remember were the huge ospray bird houses and the 2 A10s that the captain called F15s that flew by.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'm kinda disappointed, the whole time I was there looking for bald eagles, still .

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                  2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Working...
                  X