My dogs teeth...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dogs teeth...

Are getting brown and nasty. He is 12 years old and I want to do some preventive maintenance so he doesn't have any pain or cavities down the road.

What do you guys recommend? Wolf? I thought about getting him some of those milk bone treats, but he won't eat those. He's a pup peroni dude.

Any suggestions?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

See a vet. Have the teeth cleaned professionally.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      See a vet. Have the teeth cleaned professionally.
      I didn't know they did that.

He's not going to like that, he doesn't like strangers. He's a shep/chow so he's a 1 family kinda dog. To the vet it is!
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

My wife is a vet tech who does the cleanings. They use anesthetic to put the dog under. Then use the same sort of tools that a dentist uses to scale and debrade the teeth, then polish them. They should be done regularly, just like human teeth cleanings. You can also brush them between cleanings to maintain them, but that can be a pain....litterally. Make sure and get them done soon, though. She has removed lots of teeth from dog's mouths too, because they got too rotten.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Yes, get them cleaned at the Vet's office.
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

yup..like the posts above, get them cleaned at the vet. dogs get bad stuff from dirty teeth that can cost you a fortune compared to getting them cleaned correctly. We have our dogs teeth done at age 6 then every 2 to 3 years after when needed. Milk bones wont do it...so forget that.

you can also get a tooth paste from the vet, its flavored.. keona even lets me brush her teeth with it...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Yep same here. Our Shihtsu is really bad. She even had to have some teeth pulled. Now it's been two years since and she's due again.

We tried brushing them but she's really not keen on anybody touching her face little on her teeth.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

My Beagle-mix died last year at 19 years old. She was slowly failing due to old age. But she still had clean teeth and (almost) decent breath from regular teeth maintenance.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I wish more people would get the message on this. A good friend of mine has a dog that has had horrible breath since he first got him. That was about 5 years ago. The last time I saw the dog I tried to open his mouth to look at his teeth (like I do with my dog) and he literally pulled away from me. When he finally let me look, his teeth are in bad shape, and I informed my buddy that he needed to go to the vet immediately. It's affecting his eating and he is clearly in immense oral pain.
                  "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

My friends dog Rex had bad teeth and you could smell his breath from across the room. They were all cracked to pieces and brown. About a year before he died, he had to have nearly all his teeth pulled. At least it got rid of his terrible breath. He was a PITA to have around. Shame too because he was a nice dog but it was literally gagging, the worst I'd have smelled.

Comment

Working...
                    X