The hawk is registered for CA now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hawk is registered for CA now

Means Today I take off my Famous RI "GRRRRR" plates but I have on order the CA arts plate with HAWK35 in it's place. Smog went well so I'm good for two years. I will still run my front plate on my air dam

It feels so good having the smog/registration worries done.

Registration for 1 year: $180
    Custom plate $90

man they try to ream you tax wise
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

$90 freakin bucks for a custom plate? Wow! It's $20 here in PA.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

gotta have the front plate (air dam at least) for getting on the the bases etc. but yeah it shocked me on the cost on top of the registration cost.

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      pics and info

Comment

its Calif. man........get ready to spend major $$'s on "the right to be there".

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Appears they did away with the $300 "fee" for bringing a non-CA emisisons vehicle into the state. When I moved to CA from TX in 1993, you had to pay that fee up front, and then have the car smogged against 49-state standards. I heard the courts eventually found that fee to be illegal and stopped it.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

the laws for non ca emissions cars was it had to be 1 year old (not sure) and with over 7500 miles on the odometer (this I know) otherwise car would not be allowed to be registerd in CA PERIOD...no fine no past go...

pics and info

Comment

So do you have to deal with smog tests eventually? I am passing fairly well with my mid 220s 113 LSA cam, but I have shorty headers, and a cat. I don't know your cam specs and how well it will pass?
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Don't ask details lol.

pics and info

Comment

I'm stuck as "Test-only" status, so I have to take the T/A into a Gold Shield station, or Test-only station from now on. Last time I took it, this was the conversation:
                  Him: (Looks over the car running) "You got a cam in there?"
                  Me: Ummm, no, it's stock besides all the bolt ons
                  Him: Are you sure, your motor is shaking
                  Me: Yeah it's stock.
                  Him: I have a friend with the exact same car and it doesn't shake like this.
                  Me: I don't know dude, let's just see if it will pass.

Sometimes I wish I would have stuck with a 23x or 24x 111 LSA and got the extra 50-100 hp, but at least if the smog nazis ever pull a "mobile smog check" stunt, I'll be safe.
                  94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                    Appears they did away with the $300 "fee" for bringing a non-CA emisisons vehicle into the state. When I moved to CA from TX in 1993, you had to pay that fee up front, and then have the car smogged against 49-state standards. I heard the courts eventually found that fee to be illegal and stopped it.
                    They tried to gouge everyone moving into Florida with a $300.00 per car "impact" fee a few years ago. It was found to be unconstitutional in Federal court.

Good to hear that that you’re getting settled in ok. If the ground starts shaking head toward Nevada
                    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                      Good to hear that that you’re getting settled in ok. If the ground starts shaking head toward Nevada
                      And step on it...
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                      <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                      X