Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfman, Injuneer, Joe etc.

WAKE UP!

I know August is typically the vacation month but sheesh! there has been no peep out of y'all for a spell now. This board had been too DEAD lately. No excuses unless it's in pic form.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

This board has been dead. I was hoping the new Camaro would bring a bunch of new members and pump some much needed life into us but no such luck. At least not yet anyway.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Ive seen 2 camaros on the road in the last 2 months.......
      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
        Ive seen 2 camaros on the road in the last 2 months.......
        I gave a lady in a new Camaro a rev. She looked like she had no idea what was going on. Other than that, I've seen a total of four on the road since they were released.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Oh Did GM come out with a new camaro. I will have to take a look and see what they look like some day.
          Blazer

Comment

I agree - this board has been so dead lately. I remember when there were new posts every few minutes - now we get about 2 new threads a day! It's probably having a snowball effect and some are turning to other boards for advice and chatting. We gotta figure out a way to get some back in just for daily discussion and for tech help!
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Agreed. I mean, I've gone to other boards for various things, but the best people are right here. From everything like car tech to life advice, the people of this forum can't be beat.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I thought it was just me thinking that it was dead around here. Glad to know I'm not alone!
                '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

I notice too that there is cross-posting. Seems like several people, myself included, are members on multiple Camaro/F-body/Z28 type forums. Wonder what we could do to stir up some new excitement in here?
                  2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                  "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                    Wonder what we could do to stir up some new excitement in here?
                    Get off the other forums!!!
                    '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

The senior members here have done too good a job educating us all, now we go to other forums to spread the wealth.
                      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I remember the same complaint being raised a year or so ago on another forum and now I have to sort through 5 pages of stuff everyday most days.
                        1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                        2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                        1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Want to see some activity, start a political thread. Or better yet, if you have a plane on a conveyor belt..........

2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I been busy educating corvette owners on tires and zaino.....LOL..and cutting up on the gto forum and making enemies cause the owners of those cars have gone downhill........LOL...

I check this board every day......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised you feel I need to wake up. Do you read the "tech" forum? Sort of insulted that you don't feel I contribute enough.

Go over the "tech" forum topics for the month, and I've responded to close to 1/2 of the "problems". But there's not a lot of need for tech help, apparently. I don't spend much time in the "Off-Topic", because I'm here for cars, not social chit-chat, political discussions, etc.

I belong to three forums -

-this one: pretty much deceased with regard to "tech" - I always come here first, but lately I'm not sure why. MAFBA was the seed that this site grew from, and its never been the same since MAFBA collapsed.

-CamaroZ28.com: Super Moderator, moderator of "Advanced Tech" and "Fuel and Ignition" forums, defacto moderator of "Wheels and Tires" and "N2O Tech".... 36,000 posts, almost all of them helping people. But I will admit, the LT1 forum there is slowly dieing out. I think they made a serious mistake by setting up the 5th Gen Camaro forums totally separate from the other Generations.

-Firbird Nation: Global Moderator - this is the closest to what this forum used to be. A bunch of nice guys/gals who wanted to help each other. Its great to deal with a broad spectrum of ALL Firebird generations. In the current picture, this is where I see my future.

I'm awake! Unfortunatley, nobody seems to notice.
                              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                              X