X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wash mitt for black cars?

Hey guys,

been a LOOOOONG time since I posted here

I sold my TA in 05 to get a Firehawk, that fell through so I got a Acura TL, After suffering HP withdrawls for almost 3 years, I sold that about 3 months ago

AND......

My Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS arrives in 7 days

I bought the zaino kit, zaino towels, and a foam gun

But I do not know what wash mitt to use so I don't get swirls, I was looking at Adams Polish's Synthetic wash mitt but i can't find anyone who's used one
    http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-397-a...-wash-pad.aspx

Some people have also recommended the microfiber wash mitt from Griots Garage
    http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/11290.do

ALSO - Anyone try the California WaterBlade for drying?
    http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=1006&cid=100

any help and feedback is greatly appreciates, Thanks!

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

I think you are the first 5th generation F-body on the board.

Congratulations on the new car!

A budy of mine at work has had a SS on order for about 2 months. I think they are supposed to build it in about 2 weeks. He changed the color to the gray with the black stripes. He also added the 9 speaker stereo whatever that is.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

dont use a waterblade unless u want scratchs, used one once on my hood, and it scratched it all to heck. microfiber towls are the way to go. u can use the water blade on your window. i find it wont leave the tiny water spots the towl can leave on windows
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'd recommend one of the microfiber wash mitts, with the little fingers. I've used one for a while, and I can't complain.
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

You sold your Acura TL??? Why would you do that?!?

Okay... I might be a little biased

Anyway, congrats on the new ride! I agree with the waterblade. It works great on windows. Can't beat it for that application. Just don't use it on the paint if possible. Microfiber works best.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
            You sold your Acura TL??? Why would you do that?!?

Okay... I might be a little biased

Anyway, congrats on the new ride! I agree with the waterblade. It works great on windows. Can't beat it for that application. Just don't use it on the paint if possible. Microfiber works best.

Haha, Yea it had 108,000 miles on it, and it was worth about 12,500, and I owed 11,300... so i figured it was time before I got stuck with it forever. Very nice car, but not my style

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

dont use the waterblade.. no no no..........

as long as the wash mit is deep pile...you are ok...cotton..100%.. use two buckets. one with soap, and one with clear water to rinse the mit after each section washed.......

i know black............hee heee

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                dont use the waterblade.. no no no..........

as long as the wash mit is deep pile...you are ok...cotton..100%.. use two buckets. one with soap, and one with clear water to rinse the mit after each section washed.......

i know black............hee heee

That is RIDICULOUS!! I hope I can get my SS to look like that! I ordered the Z-buckets with grit gaurds with my kit

Any brand of mitt you prefer Wolf?

Comment

Congrats on the Camaro. Jeff is right, I think you're the first on this board.

About your wash mitt....I just use a sponge.

jk...haha.

I use a microfiber mitten...works pretty well. I try to never let me car get too dirty so washing takes takes less effort on the paint.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Congrats on the purchase. The new Camaro looks awesome in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanius
                      That is RIDICULOUS!! I hope I can get my SS to look like that! I ordered the Z-buckets with grit gaurds with my kit

Any brand of mitt you prefer Wolf?
                      Groits has some good ones. long as they are deep pile. be carefull of the micro fiber ones..test them first. take a blank cd with you..rub the cd with the mitt, if it scratches the cd it will scratch your car.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                      X