reminder to be safe out there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reminder to be safe out there

well just a little story that happened to me on the way back from kentucky to delaware. my wife and kids and i left kentucky about 8pm to let our 2yr and 9month old sleep through the night on the long trip. well everything was ok , just a long boring trip (661 miles from driveway to driveway), and we finally get to about 3 miles from the border at ab out 430am and i see a couple cars with the flashers on and i roll up and start to complain cause as a firefighter/emt im obligated to stop, as its also the right thing to do, and i really just want to go home and sleep. well, i pull up and see somthing about 30yrds in the road and imediatly think its a deer that has caused a wreck and look at my wife and tell her to call 911. as i step out and get a better look, its not a deer....... the 1 car in front of me has a hispanic guy just standing there and i yell to him "is that a person?" he tells me in a brokin english yeah i think so. well i run back to the truck real quick and start to grab my gloves and my mouth to mouth mask and i run up to the guy with my flashlight and on my way up to him i see a couple pools of blood and a shoe and glass and as i get with in 10 feet of him i know... theres nothing i can do. theres nothing that anyone can do. im sure theres alot here that can relate. as an emt you always check a pulse even if the guy got shot in the head and isnt breathin but i couldnt even tell. theres nothing worse than coming up to something like this with all the training in the world and not being able to do a damn thing about it. The poor guy was missing an arm, a leg and half of his head and part of his torso with his inside laying all over the place. So i shake my head and imeadiatly run up the other cars about 40yards up the road and hear a girl ing on the phone and run up to her as she was standing alone and she yelling "i thought it was a deer!! " over and over telling me the story that i just jumped out in front of her. and i see the front of her car and the front is all beat up and the windshield is completly smashed in. She was physicaly ok. apperantly she hit the guy and he flew up over the car and the van behind her ran the guy over. In this field iv seen alot of bad stuff and this was right up there. im just saying be safe out there and alert. you never know if it will be your last day or someone elses....

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Thanks for the reminder. We take a lot for granted and can be a little too relaxed when we should be alert.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

wow that's awful. Thanks for the reminder
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

That's got to weigh on your thoughts. Simply terrible.

Comment

Holy crap man, thanks for the heads up.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

The sad thing is, a lot of people do that and just drive off. At least these people were responsible enough to stop. I'll never understand that kind of behavior.
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Wow! Hope all involved will find peace of mind one day. - could i$magine you cvn handle it but it sounds as though the woman will be in shock for quite a while. At least she had the respect to stop. When I was in middle school in the 80's I witnessed a hit-and-run. The white pickup never slowed down and he was never caught. The woman in the cross-walk survived with only a few broken bones. Life is fragile and usually too short
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Working...
              X