new Trans Am owner question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Trans Am owner question

i just traded my 1989 mustang gt for a 1995 Trans Am. it needs some work and some upgrades and i was wondering about other forums and places to buy replacement parts...i.e foglights, 1997 ram air hood, interior parts etc. any help would be extremely appreciated...thanks alot in advance guys.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride. I think the others on this board will be able to help you with the parts sites. I've been away from Fbodies too long.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

thanks

thanks Norman. i've had a few f-bodies before. i actually had 2 1970 camaro's that i beat myself up everyday for getting rid of. but i've been away from f-bodies for about 10 years now and never had a newer one like this. so, my knowledge of these in particular is very limited.

Comment

Welcome aboard. You'll find this site to be both informative and helpful. As far as parts sites go, a lot can depend on what you're looking for. I have also been out of an f-body for a while so I'll let others chime in.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

www.yearone.com
          www.tacreationsusa.com

those are a few that come to mind.

Oh..... Welcome!

I'm taking apart a 97 WS6, drop me a PM with parts you are looking for, I might have it.

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Here's the most invaluable tool in my box. This is a link to Rob's (ShoeBox) site, one of our members. It's chock full of most anything you want to know about f-bodies.
            www.shbox.com
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

thanks

thanks alot guys you've been real heplful to a reformed ford driver....lol.

Comment

We all make mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by amazin1
                  reformed ford driver....lol.
                  heck, give me a Ford GT any day!.

Comment

crap

i had a GT!... but not THAT GT...damn!

Comment

damn

i will say this...my ford was definitely easier to work on...changed the drivers side header gasket today...that sucked. hope the passenger side never goes. and i'm sure not looking forward to doing plugs and wires....

Comment

I think everyone will agree with me here, the key to these cars is taking your time and thinking things through before you dive in. What sometimes seems insurmountable can be accomplished very simply with the right tools and technique. Forget about shortcuts, if it looks like something else has to come out to get to something else it probably does. I've wasted countless hours trying to get at a part when removing something else would have had the job done in minutes. When you're ready to kick it off the jackstands, walk away. A ready supply of disposable tools you can hurl across the garage helps. Just be careful not to aim it at that antique mirror from Aunt Gertrude your wife has been nagging you to hang, that would be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by amazin1
                          i will say this...my ford was definitely easier to work on...changed the drivers side header gasket today...that sucked. hope the passenger side never goes. and i'm sure not looking forward to doing plugs and wires....
                          You'll have to get aquainted with the top and bottm side of your engine. half the stuff is accessible from the bottom. Oh.... yeah, the passenger side is worse.

Comment

yep

thats what i've heard. nice grand national Joe. thats a car i've always wanted and never had a chance to get my hands on. would love to one day though.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. You'll definitely look forward to the plugs and wires. Especially the first time, you can hardly see a few of them. After the first, it gets easier. After the mod bug has completely bit you, and you have headers and an aftermarket k-member, it will be MUCH, much easier.

Joe has a sticky for the best site for GM OEM parts. I found them cheaper than anyone out there.
                              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                              X