Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Ken...what's an Native American Indian dog?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ken...what's an Native American Indian dog?

After my kid's soccer practice, we noticed there was a dog show taking place in the park. Anyway, over in one of the fenced in play corals, we saw a few owners playing with their pets. Well, my kids have seen enough pictures of Keona and they immediately said, "Hey Dad...look at that dog. It looks like a wolf-dog like Keona." So, I stopped the car, turned around and proceeded to walk up to the fence to get a better look.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'll tell you, from 25 yards, it sure did look like a hybrid. First off, it would not get any closer to us than 25 yards. She had a "different" look to her. Eyes were brown, tip of the tail was mostly black (the final inch or so was dappled with some white hairs), chest was narrow and sleek, the fur had a striped pattern of blue-gray and brown, the coarse guard hairs tended to shift colors in the sunlight, and the underlying hair was brownish. What really intrigued me the most...she just stared at us, almost like she was listening to every word we said about her.

Her snout was fairly long, and narrow...ears tall and pointed. Her canines looked rather long, but she wasn't close enough to tell. I tried to see her feet, but no luck. Her back legs were long and thin near the lower portions. Don't know about nail color. I'd estimate her weight at about 75 pounds. The owner noticed us looking, and her daughter came over. She was maybe 12. I asked her a few questions about her "dog". She said they bought her from a breeder in NY. She was supposed to be a Native American Indian Dog or NAID. Of course I said is she mixed with wolf...and girl said (of course) no..she's pure NAID.

What do you think? I've got to say, she was a beautiful animal....very intelligent eyes. While the other dogs were acting like..well dogs...she just stared at us. When we moved back to the car, she walked up to the fence to sniff around. When I looked back, she noticed me and backed off again. We played this game a few times, before I drove away.

Any idea?
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

very familiar with them. A lady by the name of Karen Markel developed the "breed". And for the record, she's a b!t#h... and she's done some terrible things in the past to get where she is with NAID's.

She's a breeder in Michigan. years ago, she bred wolfdogs... Michigan outlawed wolfdogs... instead of getting them adopted out she had them killed and sold the pelts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She then took Malamutes and different Husky lines, and bred them until she got a woofy looking dog, an started this dog line as NAID's......... are they truly "Native American Indian Dogs"?......hell no.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That's pretty pitiful, on both points. She's nothing but a loser.
      1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
      2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
      1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Ken...based on my description, any chance this dog was a wolf-hybrid?

The owner got her from a breeder in NY...they wouldn't tell me the name.
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
        X