Selling the Trans Am

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling the Trans Am

I need an idea of what it's worth. It's been sitting for over a year and I just can't get the money to fix it. It's taking up space in our driveway and we're trying to sell our house. I'm not sure if our new home will have enough room for the car. Besides, I could really use the money as the bills are really piling up and I want to go back to school. I don't have a digital camera here, so I'll have to describe everything to the best of my ability.

The good- Brand new Ram HD clutch with less than 1,000 miles on it.
    -Brand new Magnaflow catback with less than 1,000 miles on it
    -Has BFGoodrich KDWS tires with 80% of the tread left on them

The bad- The engine seized up over a year ago, so the car isn't running
    -The A/C doesn't work
    -There's a small tear in the driver's side seat and a small tear in the carpet
    - The paint on the nose has faded and is a maroon color, where the rest of the car is bright red
    -There's a 2" long, 1/2" wide scrape on the passenger's side door

What is this thing worth? It has leather and all of the accessories work. Not sure how much to ask for. Thanks guys :-(
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

What's it worth?

Brace yourself - IMO You'd be lucky to get $1000 for it as a whole broken car. You are much better off parting it out.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I have to agree, if you have the time and patience you'd net a lot more $'s
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Well there you have it.

2 out of 2 Tracys agree.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Damn, really? Alright, guess I'll have to save whatever I can to get it running. Thanks guys
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I would recommend finding a good running LT1 in the $1000 range and taking a weekend to swap it in.

Don't spend alot of money. Just get it running and driving so you can sell it.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

I'm not a Tracy, but I also agree. LT1's are out there, and it shouldn't take too long (relatively speaking) to make the swap.

Even if the car is truly worth more than $1,000 without an engine, you lose more than 90% of your potential buyers because it needs some sort of mechanical work. It sucks having to spend money to make money, but it's worth it in the long run.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
              X