Pontiac's "Letter of Authenticity"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac's "Letter of Authenticity"

Without boring you with why I'm changing my car over to a Collector Car (registration) in NJ, take a look at the letter below.

In essence, I had a very nice conversation with a Pontiac rep. discussing what I need in a letter to prove to NJ that my car is truly rare. The lady on the phone knew exactly what I was talking about, (even going as far as saying they only produced 2,051 Ram Air T/As that year, of which 1,117 were 6M) and stated she would send something to me stating the same. After a couple of weeks for it to arrive, I was blown away with what I saw in the letter.

Basically, the letter is stating that the 1996 Firebird (no mention that it's a Ram Air Trans Am) I'm driving is, in fact, an Authentic Vehicle. (no...really????) It's not a toaster, or a refrigerator, but an Authentic Firebird.

So, NJ is supposed to look at this letter and say, "Wow...he's driving a real vehicle...not a fake one...give him the registration".

Unbelievable...the rules are simple...the vehicle must be made in limited numbers (no more than 2,500 made) and be accompanied with a letter from the manufacturer stating the same.

To add, the grammar in the letter is abysmal..."Thanks you
    for contacting us recentlyPontiac about..."
    What the heck does that even mean????

The font for "This correspondence...." is not even the same as the rest of the letter, which tells me a real "cut and paste" hack job was performed.

What happened to customer service is this country?? Your PR department is the face representing your product to the world. No wonder American manufacturing is laughed it...we used to primp and polish before presenting our goods for sale. Now, the "face" the world sees is covered in cheap hooker-makeup

How frustrating....
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

That's great your Firebird can be registered as collectable now. That means no more NJ inspection. Most people registered with QQ or collector plates get rid of the ugly front plate too (even though your supposed to have it). I agree on the issue of quality and reliability here. Sometimes it seems you just can't count on anyone for something done right.
    Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
    2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Wow that blows the big one there. Way to go GM.

Does anyone know if PA does the collector thing?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
      X