Losing pride in my town

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing pride in my town

my town use to be a nice quite close town, well in the past 7 years its grown big time, people from the city are moving in and building huge houses that dont fit this town and their kids are destorying stuff, today my sisters firebird we're trying to sell got smashed by a pumpkin, broke the mirror, dented the fender and scratched it pretty deep . if i catch these punks i will hurt them, esp since my truck was parked next to my sisters firebird
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

I know the feeling. My town used to be super clean and safe. Then they had to allow government housing in and the place is going downhill in a hurry.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      I know the feeling. .
      Me too. This is rampant in Florida.

Comment

i feel like i live in the ghetto now, the stop signs have spray paint, theres a pair of shoes hanging from the power lines by my house(accord to my bro, that means there is drugs sold on the street ) street signs missing
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

New Milford has definitely changed. No doubt about that. At least you don't live in Danbury. We have one of the nation's highest percentage of illegals. The numbers are always assumed, but last figure was somewhere around 40% of the city's population was illegals.

Thankfully that's on the other side of town from me, but my tax dollars are going towards paying for these jackals when they inevitably go to the hospital or go to jail for the night.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

This is happening everywhere. In the town I grew up in, they were forced to allow city school students to go school in that suburban district. That caused a significant rise in fights and the dropout rate climbed. This was the cheapest area around but my Dad worked and raised 5 kids and everyone would take care of their property. Then the assisted housing was allowed, which caused its own issues. I am thinking of moving him out of his neighborhood as it's going down fast. I moved 10 miles south 15 years ago when my Daughter was about to start school. The problem out here now is the kids don't respect anyone or anything because Mom and Dad hand them everything. They get in trouble and them Mom and Dad bail them out...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
            X