The project continues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The project continues

Well...it's been a slow summer working on the car. Either had no time, or no money...so things have progressed slowly.

It finally went in for paint. Getting the bumper cover redone, and having the drivers door and quarter panel repainted, taking care of a few door dings along the way. Once this is done, I can apply the new 8" twin black racing stripes.

On a side note, I've decided to apply for NJ Collector Registration. Should make inspection a lot easier going forward.

The interior is nearly complete...just on one more gauge to complete the 3-gauge A-pillar cluster. It's been on backorder with Jegs since August.

The wheels and new rubber are still in the box...picked up black C6 Z06 wheels with machined spokes....looks real sharp against the white. I'm nearly sure I'm converting to C5 Z06 front brakes. Just have to make sure the money is there to spend.

All in all...the summer flew by. Can't wait to be able to drive her again. I'm dying to feel how much better she sounds with all of the upgrades made to the interior, not to mention the added power from the headers, new clutch, Al flywheel, etc. Feels like I've been working on this for 1.5 years...oh yeah, I have.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

OK...but just for you Ken.

A small sampling of what's in store:

Custom "bird" used on the gray suede door panels:

New cluster and HVAC overlay:

That's all for now...don't want to spoil the "big reveal"
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Sweet gauge faces.

Comment

Man - That gauge overlay is sweet..
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

looks like a bigX to me...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Ok...you twisted my arm. One more...the wheels that will be going on.

Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Working...
              X