Forza 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forza 3

If you guys have an Xbox 360, I recommend you pick up a copy of Forza 3. It's a racing simulator that comes out the 27th of this month and it has over 400 cars and 100 tracks. The best thing about it? It has our cars!

Pontiac

Chevy's

Ford

Buick

The game: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/game/default.htm
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

I'm on the pre-order list for GT5 myself. Love these racing sims. They look stunning on a 67" TV with full 7.1 surround sound.

The only thing I'm missing is a racing seat. Might have to look at one next year.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Forza has always been playing catch-up with Gran Turismo. GT4 has 800 or so cars and I don't know how many tracks, but nobody can even get in the same ballpark with them due to their licensing agreements. I don't know why they keep delaying GT5, but if the interior driving position shots I've seen online are the real deal, it will be worth the wait. Shadows coming across the dash as you turn and reflections off of things as small as chrome trim around A/C bezels ought to be stunning effects on a game. I drive all simulators on bumper cam or in-car so that the perspective is correct, but with what GT5 is showing in screenshots will far surpass everything else.

Once we get GT5, Tourist Trophy 2 (motorcycles on Gran Turismo, basically), and Ace Combat series back on Playstation format where it belongs, all will be right in the gaming world for a little while!
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        I'm on the pre-order list for GT5 myself. Love these racing sims. They look stunning on a 67" TV with full 7.1 surround sound.

The only thing I'm missing is a racing seat. Might have to look at one next year.
        Here's what I ordered for my racing setup,

$1,295.00 constructed and shipped straight from Germany. Process takes 2 months. I already bought the monitors. They were $1k alone.

Crazy? Sure, but it's an investment.
        Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
          Forza has always been playing catch-up with Gran Turismo. GT4 has 800 or so cars and I don't know how many tracks, but nobody can even get in the same ballpark with them due to their licensing agreements. I don't know why they keep delaying GT5, but if the interior driving position shots I've seen online are the real deal, it will be worth the wait. Shadows coming across the dash as you turn and reflections off of things as small as chrome trim around A/C bezels ought to be stunning effects on a game. I drive all simulators on bumper cam or in-car so that the perspective is correct, but with what GT5 is showing in screenshots will far surpass everything else.

Once we get GT5, Tourist Trophy 2 (motorcycles on Gran Turismo, basically), and Ace Combat series back on Playstation format where it belongs, all will be right in the gaming world for a little while!
          GT5 looks superb but it's been delayed until Spring 2010. That game alone is worth buying a PS3.
          Hercules

Comment

Holy crap that rig is sick! Awesome to say the least!

Here's what I play on...

Getting ready to upgrade the Emotiva processor and adding a 1,200 watt dual-subwoofer set up. Should be fun.
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I can't wait for Forza 3. As soon as the car list was released, I was floored there was a 2002 WS6. Can't wait.

DJ - That Fanatec wheel setup is sick! I've been reading up on them. Having a true clutch and a six speed gate shifter is fantastic.

Question on the three monitor setup... Do you need to run three 360's as well? I was never sure how that worked.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6

I was always a fan of the Gran Turismo series. It's what got me into driving simulators to begin with. Until GT5 comes out and shows everything it has, I think Forza takes this crown for several reasons. First, damage modeling. GT never had it and it's rumored only a small percentage of their cars will have it for GT5. I'll wait until March when it's supposedly being released to pass judgement there.

Second, the Forza customization options are beyond ridiculous. Especially the livery editor and paint shop. Add to that the auction house and the overall size of the community, I'll be plenty happy with the 400+ cars at the start with new car packs released every month.

Luckily I have both systems, so I will definitely own both games.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                X