X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Week tests the new SLP Camaro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XERWgDVpmB4
    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

SLP does it again... It is a little pricey at 58K, but with 575 hp, it will sell.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Hot... but at that price, I would buy a Vette.

Comment

To be accurate, yes, it's a little pricey at $58K.

And even more "pricey" at the as-tested price of nearly $65K (the car had another $6K in options added to it...listen closely at the end). It's a shame they are doing what they've always done....make a vehicle to attract 25 - 50 year old males, that can afford. The guys that can afford to spend over $60K on a muscle car will NOT buy a Camaro.

SLP wants to play in the same sandbox as Lingenfelter and Hennessey, but then release vehicles like the Ford Ranger Thunderbolt

For SLP, it's going to blow if/when GM releases the Z28, making the same power with a version of the LSA and sets the price at $46K

Sorry guys, I like a supercharged Camaro SS, but not because SLP made it.
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

65K for a Camaro?

They are nuts.

Plain and simple nuts.

65K gets you a Corvette Grand Sport convertible.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            65K for a Camaro?

They are nuts.

Plain and simple nuts.

65K gets you a Corvette Grand Sport convertible.
            The exact though came to mind.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
            X