Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't people pull all the way forward?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't people pull all the way forward?

I'm seeing this trend that pissing off drivers, not to mention my own self as well.......

There is a red light ahead of you, so you obviuosly have to slow down and stop. What the hell is with people who feel the need to stop roughly 10 car lengths back and spend the next 90 seconds creeping forward? Semis are doing it, seniors are doing it, what is the purpose other than to demonstrate their inability to go with the flow? It's causing road rage for sure. I don't mean that you have to stop 6 inches from the car in front of you, but 10 car lengths? Come on!

Off to my daily commute...............

That's not the trend here. Typically, when a light turns red, 3 or 4 cars will continue to run the light. If you slow and stop for a yellow or red, you'll get rear-ended.

Comment

I'll tell you what pisses me off. There's a red light staight ahead. You know it's still going to be red by the time you get to the light. What is with the people who ride your @$$, then blow past you in the next lane, only to slam on their brakes just before the light? I always end up rolling right past them as the light turns green. Typical Jersey traffic.
      Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
      2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

My favorite is when I spot someone about to pull out of a parking lot from a quarter mile away, but they don't actually pull out until I'm right on top of them. I also love people who stop 15 feet behind the stop line at a red light.
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Doesn't happen here either.

Gotta love Florida and it's senior's.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Happens here a lot, but I'm not going to mention what group specifically. Freakin' annoying!! One of these days, I'd love to go around and stop in front of them, just to see the reaction.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
              Happens here a lot, but I'm not going to mention what group specifically. Freakin' annoying!! One of these days, I'd love to go around and stop in front of them, just to see the reaction.
              I've done that. They also seem to come to a stop, then go and stop. Then go and stop, all the way to the light. <----- if i could only do that without getting arrested.
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

You don't see that too much around here. It's more as already said, the light turns RED and at least four more cars are coming. Cops are standing there and do nothing.

I'm partial of the ones sitting at a red light and keep inching forward into the intersection trying to get a jump on everybody and once it turns green they are surprised and don't move right away???

Another one of my rants are the people that want to switch lanes even if there is no opening in the lane they want to go to. They just flip the turn indicator and start coming over thinking it's their god given right that you have to slow down and let them in !!!

A good one is people from the oncoming traffic turning across your lane into a parking lot. Usually they would be fast enough that you don't have to slow down but once they get close to the curb they realize oh shoot that's going to be bad for my cars front end and hit the break to ease over the curb. In the meantime you have to hit the break to avoid a collision.
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

i full forward fen im funnin on fa feet fer fun.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

im guilty of doing that in my front loader, us truck drivers do it so we are moving when the light turns green plus it gives us a buffer to get speed if theres a hill right after the light. idk if u been behind a front loader with 10-13 tons but we dont accelerate all that fast
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I guess I better change my driving habits......I thought all that stuff was normal.
                      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

The ones that get me are the left turn lane people. They either cut the turn so tight that by the third car or so, nobody is going over the halo anymore, so the rest of the traffic gets screwed because the light "sees" that all the cars have turned. The other ones are the ones that sit way back from the light, not in the halo, then the light never gives them the arrow, so traffic piles up. I have literally driven around the line on my bike, gotten in front of everybody, got off the bike, and waved the guilty party vehicle forward until they are in the halo to trip the light.

As far as the people who think they can turn their signal on and you'll move, I never move. If they come over, I stay right where I am. If they continue coming over, I lay on the horn and flash the lights but I still don't slow down. I have seen people do this for years, and I am so over it. If somebody hits me, not only is it their fault, but their is an extreme likelihood that my position will end up PIT maneuver-style on their car, and I PROMISE you they will learn from that experience.

I know it's dangerous and the easy thing to do would be to let them in, but after years and years of seeing stupidity behind the wheel and no law enforcement to stop it, it becomes the wild west and you enforce your own rules.
                        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                          i full forward fen im funnin on fa feet fer fun.........
                          Wolfie's got a harelip. LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6

As far as the people who think they can turn their signal on and you'll move, I never move. If they come over, I stay right where I am. If they continue coming over, I lay on the horn and flash the lights but I still don't slow down. I have seen people do this for years, and I am so over it. If somebody hits me, not only is it their fault, but their is an extreme likelihood that my position will end up PIT maneuver-style on their car, and I PROMISE you they will learn from that experience.

I know it's dangerous and the easy thing to do would be to let them in, but after years and years of seeing stupidity behind the wheel and no law enforcement to stop it, it becomes the wild west and you enforce your own rules.
                            this happens more then not with me in the front loader, people think that if they can around me cuz im the slow one, usually theres a line then they relize oh darn i gotta get back in line and then think im gonna let them in. good rule of thumb is 2-3 ton vehicle isnt a match for a truck that weighs 25-30 tons. heck, i dumped a can the other day that weighed 3 tons by itself(we have scales in our trucks)
                            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                              Wolfie's got a harelip. LMAO!
                              thought you did, mr. "full forward"..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X