Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the Mojave Mile I ran a top speed of...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Mojave Mile I ran a top speed of...

145.0 then
    and finally a 143.9 having trouble finding 5th (took me a couple seconds).
    The DA was 3000 feet at an actual 2700 feet (cloudy cool damp with a sprinkle a couple times). My initial goal was to do between 130-140 and shoot for 140, thus upgrading me from the 150 class to the 165 class. I exceeded my goal.

Big Red Camaro's best was 196.6 and finally a 200.7mph when I took off for home. The ZR1 corvette was running a 165.6. Many corvette ran 150's and a couple ran 170's. Many of the Ford GT's ran 160's and a couple ran in the mid 180's. A stock Dodge magnum SRT8 ran a 152.8 Besides Big Red, I was the only F-body there. I have my pass on in-car cam video but very lazy to you-tube it. Good pics to come later I'm beat . Need 400+ hp to break the 150's

The tech's werre trying to talk me into doing the Bonneville 100. 50+ miles all out (just need a roll bar or something to qualify for 140 class for that) then you go back ... so much fun if I had the funds All in all It was a total blasst. They are planning to do it again 1st weekend in October.

Photo Album

Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the pics.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for representing the F-Body community so well. Nice when a stock looking car can put down that kind of MPH.

Well done!!
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I'm with Fred. Great to see a stock pushrod engine put up numbers like that. Thanks for posting!
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

respectable for the standing mile. Great job!

Comment

MX8's. 133's
            GT's 160's and 2 were running 180'4
            Corvette's 150's , a few 160's and * couple low 170's (there were MANY vette's there)
            Magnum SRT8 150.8. his video
            Porsche Carrera GT's. 155's
            RF68 155's (a mercedes (I think) with a roll cage)
            Pantera not sure as his side for his intake blew off
            2008 Kowasaki ZX14 194 ?
            1958 all stock VW. 60's (current world record holder in its class!)
            The bikes there did a bunch of mid 180's (Hayabusa's)
            1936 Indian... 60 mph (didn't see his second run)

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            pics and info

Comment

sounds good. congrats! i would'nt mine pushing my LS3 through that to see what i could get!

any bmw m3's or 6's there.. they hit 180 last year? how about Nissan?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

No M3's or M5's surprisingly.

Your vette was well represented as the majority was the vette's . You would have done a solid 150's for sure. That last run I screwed up on the last shift on would of been a 150 mph run.

No Nissan's but many Mazda's Now I'll have to sift though my video to find my 145.3 run. At the start you can see the ground immediately in front of my car... but once I start it angle's to the sky and only returns to the original viewpoint once I let off the gas..m meaning the rear was squatted the entire run and I need to replace my rear springs will work on it

pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                  No M3's or M5's surprisingly.

Your vette was well represented as the majority was the vette's . You would have done a solid 150's for sure. That last run I screwed up on the last shift on would of been a 150 mph run.

No Nissan's but many Mazda's Now I'll have to sift though my video to find my 145.3 run. At the start you can see the ground immediately in front of my car... but once I start it angle's to the sky and only returns to the original viewpoint once I let off the gas..m meaning the rear was squatted the entire run and I need to replace my rear springs will work on it
                  remember.. c6's look alike.. but the 08 got the LS3.. its gonna have a higher speed than the 05-07's.......

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Very cool. I'd love to have a chance to do that. Thanks for sharing.

I'll bet if I took the TT Z06 out there, it would lift off.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Found out the Magnum had heads, tune and a cat-back... figures after he ran a 150

Here is a ZX14 run

pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                        Very cool. I'd love to have a chance to do that. Thanks for sharing.

I'll bet if I took the TT Z06 out there, it would lift off.
                        Id love to see your speed.. i bet you would kick major butt!

Comment

They are doing it again the first weekend of October. Also closer to you is a same type event called the Texas Mile you might look into . Best of all unlike drag racing no hard takeoff's as time is not a factor, only top speed

pics and info

Comment

Working...
                          X