Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe - Help... Ken is headed to the darkside...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe - Help... Ken is headed to the darkside...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358514

I'm trying to help him use logic on the wife, but it's not working...

I'm sure I'm going to hear it for this one...

2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

How about WTRBTR for weather beater
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Actually..... I told him to do it. He can't drive the vette when it snows, can't drive the vette when it rains..... etc. he needs POS that can be driven in all weather, never needs to be washed and can be parked in a front row parking spot with no fear.

Don't know about a focus though, never had or drove one.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Actually..... I told him to do it. He can't drive the vette when it snows, can't drive the vette when it rains..... etc. he needs POS that can be driven in all weather, never needs to be washed and can be parked in a front row parking spot with no fear.

Don't know about a focus though, never had or drove one.

I told him to let the wife drive it and then he could drive the Yukon, but she wasn't having that...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

If the Focus is cheap enough, I'd do it. It's all about value when it comes to a DD/Beater car. I drove a '91 Bravada w/ well over 100K on the odo. Biggest POS I ever owned. But it was only $500 plus another $350 dumped into it to make it "somewhat" safe to drive. The value was there for me.

Plus I've driven a Focus. They can be fun to drive in stick shift form. Never drove an auto, however.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

My girlfriend's dad has one - in its most wretched form - the little 2-door hatchbatch shaped like a ball. He calls it the Ford Fungus. How about...

FUNGUS
            Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
            2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

i had one, car was alright, got decent mileage, the autos are kinda lacking in power. mine was the first years so it had all the lil issues(starters, wheel bearings, etc) what did mine was the valve seat fell outta the head and destroyed the motor with 147K on it
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

read the whole thread, jerkweed! she's selling car to us for 1 dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15k miles... come on........ LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Go for it. The Focus will match the color of your hair.
                  2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

I could see it for free, but paying a buck for it...????
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                      ...she's selling car to us for 1 dollar...
                      I don't know, I think I'd offer $0.50 and haggle form there.
                      My DD
                      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Not a bad beater of DD- mild driving enjoyment, about as good as it gets in a 4-cylinder FWD car- Nice to drive a car that is next to disposable- that you aren't really worried about if it gets dirty or a door ding- sort of liberating-

At that price, why not? You will save fuel costs and miles on the Vette- If you don't like driving it, flip it, give a friend a 'deal'
                        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                          Not a bad beater of DD- mild driving enjoyment, about as good as it gets in a 4-cylinder FWD car- Nice to drive a car that is next to disposable- that you aren't really worried about if it gets dirty or a door ding- sort of liberating-

At that price, why not? You will save fuel costs and miles on the Vette- If you don't like driving it, flip it, give a friend a 'deal'
                          my thoughts exactly. and i dont drive the vette in the rain, and its taking its toll on the wife having to be my taxi... she hates it...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                            I could see it for free, but paying a buck for it...????

maybe theres 4 quarters stuck in the seat rail
                            93 t/a A4 3.23s
                            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
                            X