new SHO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new SHO

New sho. theres alot of hype about this car but.........................

for that Ill take

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Zero-...item2a0546da99

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

I hope they don't sell a single one.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yeah very pricey but I gotta admit, that car looks great.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

i kinda want one, but ill wait till they are on the used car market. everyone has been blasting them for the turbos saying ford cant make a twin turbo system, so far the turbos are the most dependable ones out there
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

No....

No......

No......

Oh, and did I mention NO?
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

$55K for a Ford Taurus................give me a break!!!!! There are plenty of other 4 door "performance" cars that sell for that price that I would much rather have.
            2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Unfortunately, this is why car dealerships and salesmen have a bad reputation. Also, this is the kind of thing that is the reason I passed on my ZR1. In the long run, they did me a favor. Buying new cars at sticker and taking it in the shorts is a thing of the past for me.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
                $55K for a Ford Taurus................give me a break!!!!! There are plenty of other 4 door "performance" cars that sell for that price that I would much rather have.
                This is an entirely new car in an entirely new class made for an entirely new market.

The specs on it are on par or better than any G8, Caddy, BMW 5 series or anything else out of Germany or Japan.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  Unfortunately, this is why car dealerships and salesmen have a bad reputation. Also, this is the kind of thing that is the reason I passed on my ZR1. In the long run, they did me a favor. Buying new cars at sticker and taking it in the shorts is a thing of the past for me.
                  You and me both.

This "Fair Market Adjustment" actually reads: "Sucker Price"

The instant I see a dealer do that on his lot, I write them off completely...... never mind that they will waive the fee to get the deal, they are sticking it to you somewhere and I'm not down with that one bit.

Comment

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I gotta say I didn't think it would be that expensive. It's like the new LED bulbs you can get to replace incandescent bulbs. The new technology ALWAYS costs a lot when first introduced. This Direct-Inject turbo V6 is just the latest example.

It's probably one reason they didn't put this potent motor in the Mustang. That and it blows away their lower end V8's power.
                      1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                      2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                      1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

That's just wrong... 10K mark up on a SHO - I don't think so..
                        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                          This is an entirely new car in an entirely new class made for an entirely new market.

The specs on it are on par or better than any G8, Caddy, BMW 5 series or anything else out of Germany or Japan.
                          It is a FWD car adapted to 4WD and other than the suspension and the engine and a few "sparkly bits" here and there isn't much different than every other Taurus on the road. My opinion is not meant to bash Ford. I happen to own a Ford product as my other car. It's just that laying out $55K for that car does not make sense to me. You mentioned the G8 and why would you not want a G8 over the SHO? It is far less costly and will perform just as well (if not better) than the SHO. And no one can tell me the SHO will hold it's resale value well either because it wont. When I can choose from Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Caddilac, etc at those kind of prices, I know for sure I wouldn't pick a Taurus SHO over any of these cars. But if the Taurus SHO could be had for maybe $35K, then for sure I would find it appealing.

Anyways, that's my opinion.

Dave
                          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Dealers need to realize by making a few extra bucks on the "must have" car now, they're losing out on potential sales later by customers like us who write these dealerships off as being shady.

55K is way too much for a Taurus. I'd much rather have a G8, or for that matter, a lightly used CTS-V ... For the same price or less!
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                            X