So now the Post Office wants to stop Saturday service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now the Post Office wants to stop Saturday service

Now there's a solution, drop mail delivery and cut the work hours. This opinion might not fare well, but the Postal Service employees have been milking the system for too many years. Taking 7 hours to run what is really a 4 hour route, slowing down counter service to as slow as possible during audit week, plus others........ is what kills the profitability. So now the consumer gets even less service while the postal employess slow down even further to protect their income. This mess will get even worse.

There needs to be a competing, yet privatized regular mail delivery service much like what UPS, FedEx and DHL managed to create for packages. Companies that don't close on Saturday, don't drag their hind end on service just to milk individual paychecks, but a company that would give the USPS a challenge to their current monopoly.

Stepping off my soapbox.......

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    So now the consumer gets even less service while the postal employess slow down even further to protect their income.
    Couldn't say it any clearer...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

The P.O. is hurting...and they brought a lot of it on themselves.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

i beleive they should pay the drivers based on how many homes they do, and i havent an idea for the counter people. i work at a trash comapny that pays by the hour, our residential boys milk the clock a lil(we are fully automated), takes 7-10 seconds a stop to dump a cart, and we added another truck and its taking just as long for the guys to get back. funny part with the rear loaders(when it was waste) the guys got gone real fast
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Yep, they don't seem to be able to handle that one.

Now the government wants to try health care.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I don't use them. Problem solved.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I just read something yesterday that touched on that very subject...
              Linky

"Compare that to the gentle hand of the free market. If you don't like the way one grocery store treats you, you can go elsewhere. If you disagree with your church, you can choose another denomination — or at all.

But with government, we don't have that choice. What if you don't like the Motor Post Office? Try getting a letter mailed by someone else. Sorry, but you can’t do it, because the USPS is a government-enforced coercive monopoly."
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

I couldn't agree more, Joe. I've always believed that just like checks, the USPS is a dinosaur that needs to become extinct. The post office could have done things much more efficiently and streamlined. They decided long ago they had little to no competition, so they did it their own way.

Email and online bill paying have really hurt them as it should have. I'm like Jeff where I don't use them anymore. I can't remember the last time I stood in line at the post office to mail something out. I haven't bought stamps in a couple of years.

Removing Saturday service might be the downfall of the USPS. I can't see it helping.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                X