Finally got to try zaino. Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got to try zaino. Pics

So me and my friend did a full Zaino treatment for the first time. Here's his Stealth and my eclipse.

my eclipse and my friend's stealth R/T TT

So this was my first attempt at zaino. Besides from the clay bar, it was easy as pie. The clay bar was well worth it though. It was sunny all day, and as soon as we finished and set up for the pics....clouds So the pics aren't as shiny as they were when it was sunny. It was AMAZING though, lol. Love the way the car looks now. Opinions welcomed guys.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

clean and very white. add some layers.. 3 more, with zfx... they will take a mirror effect sheen...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

we each did a layer of z5 and z2, both with zfx. I'm definitely gonna add more layers, and then top it off with that gloss spray.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
        It was sunny all day, and as soon as we finished and set up for the pics....clouds So the pics aren't as shiny as they were when it was sunny. It was AMAZING though, lol. Love the way the car looks now. Opinions welcomed guys.
        It figures... hot and sunny when you're trying to wash without getting water spots, then come time for those awsome reflections and the clouds gather. lol

Nice work on both cars.
        Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
        2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Some new angles and some pics with sun!!! Plus used the gloss enhancer (which is GREAT stuff)!

It was still cloudy at this point.

The sun finally came out! 3 hours after i had finished, lol.

Probably my favorite pic. That is between the trunk lid and spoiler.....look at that reflection! Thank you Zaino!

And of course....more clouds....I can't seem to get a break! Well I'm sure one day it'll be sunny all day for me.

2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

The small black surface on the car....I'm ashamed compared to Ken's pics, but it shows the difference in reflection between white and black paint.

I put Zaino on the wheels, but it doesn't look like it did too much. Hopefully it will at least make cleaning them easier.

I'm a newb at picture taking....any recommendations? Obviously sun would be good, but mother nature has not been kind to me on my two photo ops. haha
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Looks Good Ryan! How do I get me one of those spiffy windbreakers?
              My FIL has a 2001 Spyder...Should be close to 300k miles now.
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

That eclipse looks great.

I just had my friend pick me up a mothers clay bar set at work the other day.

I'm going to clay bar my car today and polish it with some old meguiars I got.

I wish they sold zaino in the stores.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                  Looks Good Ryan! How do I get me one of those spiffy windbreakers?
                  My FIL has a 2001 Spyder...Should be close to 300k miles now.
                  Haha, its standard issue. You'll get it at BMT. And damn, 300k is a LOT of miles. Glad to hear the platform is a sturdy one though.
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                    Haha, its standard issue. You'll get it at BMT. And damn, 300k is a LOT of miles. Glad to hear the platform is a sturdy one though.
                    Yep, no major problems so far...other than Michigan winters and some rust underhood...and for some reason the back of the hood is rusted through.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    <Motor out

Comment

took some pics...This rust is definately the worse of it...

Greg W. in West Michigan
                      <Motor out

Comment

I'm kinda diggin' that white Stealth too.

Comment

more zaino

Ok guys, here is my zaino'd DD ZX2. Its actually been about 3 weeks since i zaino'd it, but its freshly washed.

And NO flaming for have a Ford ZX2, haha. She gets 30 mpg with mostly city driving....i can pull out 36 if i do lots of highway.
                          2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Try some Zaino Z-CS - Its the poop

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

ZX2! Those are a blast to drive. Both my brother and sister have one.

If I hadn't test driven a 3.8 Camaro, I would've gotten a ZX2 back in '98. Does yours vibrate like crazy at a stoplight? I don't know what they were thinking when they evaluated noise and vibration.

I took one on a test drive when they had just come out. I drove it back to back with the V6 Probe. ZX2 was a hoot while the Probe was way too soft.
                              Joe K.
                              '11 BMW 328i
                              '10 Matrix S AWD
                              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
                              X