So my car got egged...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my car got egged...

So i get a little kid (maybe 7) knocking on my door. "Excuse me sir, is that your car right there" (pointing at my car). I'm thinking, oh great, what happened? So i say yea. He tells me that 2 teenagers just dropped an egg on it. So i ask him what they look like, and i go looking for them real quick. No where to be found. So i immediatly wash the spot. I used dawn because i keep my zaino wash at my friends house (he has a hose spicket where my town house does not). But thanks to quickly finding out, the zaino and the dawn. It came right off. I think if i wouldn't have found out till tomorrow evening when i went to work, that it would've been much harder to get off and might have caused damage. I hear eggs will eat through paint pretty quickly.

I really don't understand why these asses feel the need to mess with other people's stuff. I swear if i would've found them i probably would've hurt them.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Some people have no respect for other people's property. Thank God you found out early enough and had the protection of Zaino on there.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Mine got egged a couple weeks ago also.

In the past I used dawn but recently I read laundry detergent works best, and it did. Apparently it has enzymes that eat dairy based proteins.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

be glad they didn't throw the eggs at the car. As the shell impacts, it fragments into lots of tiny teeth that bite into the paint from the force of the impact. You end up with a 1½" circular collection of small chips in the paint, not to mention whatever happens to the paint when the insides of the egg start eating away at the finish.

Morons that do things like this need to be caught in the act and dealt with. Forcing them to lick the rotten egg off the paint would be a start.

Another thing....... it's possible that whomever pointed out the damage are the ones responsible for doing it. Just something to keep in the back of your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Another thing....... it's possible that whomever pointed out the damage are the ones responsible for doing it. Just something to keep in the back of your head.
          Yea, I was thinking that. Unfortunatly they were like 7, 8 years old. And they've been playing out side pretty much all day. So if it WAS them, i wouldn't be able to touch them (for obvious reasons) but it really seemed the kid was telling the truth. (because when i asked him what the kids looked like, he gave me details without hesitation) But u never know, it could have been them. I guess I'll only find out if I catch them in the act.

Plus i had to tell some teens the other night to keep quiet right outside my house. I mean i wasn't angry or being a smart ass when i asked them, and the complied. But i have a feeling it could have been them too. But still, I politely asked them to turn down their music because i had to report to base at 5:30 the next day, and it was past midnight. They didn't seem to have a problem with that. But as with most people, they could have just been nice to my face, only to want to do something behind my back. Well lets see if it happens again, I'll be for them
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            be glad they didn't throw the eggs at the car. As the shell impacts, it fragments into lots of tiny teeth that bite into the paint from the force of the impact. You end up with a 1½" circular collection of small chips in the paint, not to mention whatever happens to the paint when the insides of the egg start eating away at the finish.
            It's good that the eggs weren't thrown, though very unusual. If they were thrown, like Joe said ^

Some people probably think it's just a harmless though messy act, ignorant to the fact that it leaves small chips in a pattern that looks like a spiral galaxy formation. Sorry to see your Bird was the target of vandals. I'm glad you caught it quickly, and may those vandals be
            Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
            2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 98 'Bird
              leaves small chips in a pattern that looks like a spiral galaxy formation.

Yeah.... that's a very accurate description!

Comment

I'd by that little boy a 2 months supply of ice cream.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

My "78 Grand LeMans was egged before I got it. Egg chemically alters the paint itself forever staining the car. Consider yourself EXTREMELY LUCKY
                  Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                  Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                  pics and info

Comment

Working...
                  X