Cadillac CTS-V

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac CTS-V

Left work early, the CTS-V pulled out from the dealership's corporate office and I found myself next to him at the light. I have to say he sounded pretty good. The exhaust note was throaty, I heard a couple of gear change barks and he was pretty quick. The sound dimished rather quickly...........

Turns out he wasn't quick enough.

That is all.

Those cars are so BA. Wish I had 60K for one.

What were you driving?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
      Those cars are so BA. Wish I had 60K for one.

What were you driving?
      Ahh.....

The bad, black Buick.

Comment

street racing red neck heathen.....................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
          street racing red neck heathen.....................

But he started it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            But he started it.
            i love it when that happens................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

There you go, pickin on them V8s again.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Yeah, some times you have to put the rich boys in their place- Nice cars, and, from what I have seen so far, they don't hold the value as much as the Corvette does- I have been day-dreaming about getting a corvette drive-train wrapped in some pretty nice luxury-
                2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Funny thing about the whole scenerio is that I went with a more mild combo to make this a sweet driving steet car. Had this still been the race motor and big turbo, I wouldn't have even heard him. LMAO! I would have been viewing him in the rearview mirror within a second. That combo wasn't really that street friendly. Between the higher stall converter and the touchy nature of the power application it was more of a track car than anything else. I'm really much happier this time around, I can actually enjoy this thing in traffic with the windows up and the A/C blowing cold, the power comes on smooth and linear and off you go with no drama. Plus it still eats up ground at an alarming rate for a street car.

Comment

The big question is...................will Joe's GN beat Ken's Corvette?
                    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

That would be interesting. With my current turbo and high octane gas, it's good for about 550 HP. With slicks or drag radials, I would most likely hold him off through the quarter. At some point, the aerodynamics and gearing would come into play, then it would only be a matter time before he would drive past me. These Buicks were meant to be sprinters, not top speed demons. In the corners, he should eat me alive.

Comment

Working...
                      X