Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in case yall have not seen this..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in case yall have not seen this..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjaQoOdJvI

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Originally posted by wolfdogs
    Great video about a terrible disaster. Amazing having been in many of the areas in Nashville and then see how much water there is all over. Unbelievable.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Wow!.......That is some incredible stuff. There were some stunning images there. How the hell will they rebuild?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Yes, it's bad. I live in Gallatin, just northeast of Nashville. I'm fine, my car is fine, most of my friends are fine. But the main highway I take to work was completely submerged for about 7/10ths of a mile. It's open now, and you can see the flood level on the trees. The bottoms are all brown, and just the very tops are still green. Crazy.

The office where I work is only about 5-10 minutes from Opry Mills Mall and the Opryland hotel. Unbelievably, if you were stranded in the office over the weekend and had no internet or news, you'd never know anything was destroyed that close by. Our office is high and dry, and the surrounding area looks like nothing happened. But there are other areas where entire subdivisions are complete losses. I mean, people lost everything....house, cars, jobs....it's awful.

I moved here in 2007 (I know, my location still says Florida) and since we have been here, Nashville has had the worst drought in ages, the worst winter in 30 years, and now this. Maybe I should go back and take my chances with the hurricanes. At least you know when those are coming and can get out of the way. This time last week, we only thought we were in for a rainy weekend. Flash floods caught a ton of people completely off guard. By the time they realized the water was getting high fast, it was already too late. The Cumberland River rose over 30 feet in less than 48 hours.

They estimate the Opryland Hotel losses at over $50 million. The whole complex is valued at over $1 billion. If it opens back up before Christmas I will be amazed. They started evacuating guests at 8:00 p.m. Sunday night and got everyone out. But by 11:00 p.m. the water was starting to come in. By Monday morning, there was at least 10 feet of water inside. One thing I will say for Gaylord, who owns the property....they have already stated that all 2000 full-time employees will remain on full pay and benefits for at least 6 weeks.

www.tennessean.com has a lot of pictures.

Sorry...kind of a random post. But yes, it's as bad as you may have heard.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Comment

Working...
        X