X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hee hee! 5.0 gets spanked by stock LS1 SS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3...ayer_embedded#

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Weak pony !
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I think that it is highly unlikely that a stock LS1 will be able to run and beat the new 5.0 from Ford with any consistency. That being said, it doesn't take much to modify an LS1 so it will beat a stock 5.0.

And, I do remember an article where I think it was Johnny Hunkins (sp?) at GM High Tech Performance magazine who got a stock 2000 LS1 with a six speed on street tires run in the high 12's. But this guy was simply amazing in anything he tested on a drag strip.
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
        I think that it is highly unlikely that a stock LS1 will be able to run and beat the new 5.0 from Ford with any consistency. That being said, it doesn't take much to modify an LS1 so it will beat a stock 5.0.

And, I do remember an article where I think it was Johnny Hunkins (sp?) at GM High Tech Performance magazine who got a stock 2000 LS1 with a six speed on street tires run in the high 12's. But this guy was simply amazing in anything he tested on a drag strip.

I agree to a point. Problem is that alot of stock ls1's hae been low low 13's. I took a 99 ws6 6sp to 13.0. That was the fastest and the other runs were 13.1 13.2. Its the famous driver mod. The 5.0 has made a comeback and thats good for comp(hopefully) but lets keep in mind there have been a few new SS's 12.7 and a couple 12.6 stock.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
          I agree to a point. Problem is that alot of stock ls1's hae been low low 13's. I took a 99 ws6 6sp to 13.0. That was the fastest and the other runs were 13.1 13.2. Its the famous driver mod. The 5.0 has made a comeback and thats good for comp(hopefully) but lets keep in mind there have been a few new SS's 12.7 and a couple 12.6 stock.

Not to mention how many "hidden mods" can be made while claiming that it's stock. Heck, did a bunch of little tricks yet still told folks at the local cruise-in that the motor was stock. I guess I failed to mention the 3.73 gears and built trans.

Comment

Working...
          X