How Many Miles On Your LT1 ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Miles On Your LT1 ???

I went to a speed shop the other day to see if they'd install headers on my GTP. Yes, I'm still dealing with F-body withdrawal.

Anyway, it's a real conservative shop and they won't even attempt to install the SLP knock-offs I have. We get into a conversation and I mention how I miss my '96 Z28. Surprisingly the lady says I shouldn't feel bad because the LT1's don't last.

Well, mine had over 130k when I sold it and it was running strong. I want to hear from all of you with high mileage LT1's!!
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Just below 60k. Hope to have many more.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

A guy I know has 290K on his LT-1 Impala SS. The motor has never been opened, but he's been though a couple transmissions. First trans was toast at 120K, the next started to slip at 200K, this one is still working. He only gets a little smoke at startup and replaces probably about a quart between oil changes.

Comment

110,000 on mine and still running strong...hoping to get many more, even with the abuse I give it haha
        1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
        Mods:
        "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
        Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Crane 1.5rrs
        Comp high tech pushrods
        Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
        SLP Loudmouth II
        SLP Cold air intake
        PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
        UMI adjustable panhard
        UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

the 95 formula i was looking to buy has 155K on it, didnt leak or burn a since drop of oil. its all on how you take care of your car.
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

i don't know anymore.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

About 157k on the factory internal motor and orig. trans. And yes, she'll bark 2nd and chip 3rd.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Still a baby...My 96 has about 42,000
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

145k enjoyable miles.

Runs like a scared cheetah. Nothing is factory outside of the block and internals though.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

117K, completely rebuilt 6-speed, bolt-on mods only, internals are all factory.
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

My motor lasted about 126k. It ran strong up until the time I spun 3 bearings. It wasn't even the motor's fault, it was the transmission not shifting until 6350 RPM (don't know why the rev limiter didn't prevent that when it was set at 5800). Prior to that, it didn't lose 1 drop of oil and ran strong.

I'm still using the stock block and a few other minor stock parts with a lot more power now, and everything's still holding strong.
                      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I had close to 200k on my caprice when i sold it...all factory still running good. although it did need a set of valve springs.
                        Greg W. in West Michigan
                        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                        <Motor out

Comment

A lot of good examples. At the time I had mine, I worried more about the LS1's that seemed to be eating oil.

Once you know how to take care of the optispark, everything should be fine. My only major issue was the tranny going. I didn't notice the leak until it was too late.
                          Joe K.
                          '11 BMW 328i
                          '10 Matrix S AWD
                          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
                          X