X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro vs Mustang in the "wimpy" trim

The Camaro still comes out on top!

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...iew/index.html

Man, I really want one. I have even gotten the thumbs-up from the wife. However, I just can't justify it right now. I have said many times that I wouldn't "settle" for a V6 again, but the 8 is so pricey. And, my car still runs great and looks decent...although things are starting to break. Like my dash that has cracked in two places. Anyway, if my wife's Kia was paid off, I would probably already have one. But until then I'll have to stay with my 2000. This article does make it a bit more tempting to just go ahead and settle for a V6 again, though, albeit a 110HP more powerful one.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
      Man, I really want one. I have even gotten the thumbs-up from the wife. However, I just can't justify it right now. I have said many times that I wouldn't "settle" for a V6 again, but the 8 is so pricey. And, my car still runs great and looks decent...although things are starting to break. Like my dash that has cracked in two places. Anyway, if my wife's Kia was paid off, I would probably already have one. But until then I'll have to stay with my 2000. This article does make it a bit more tempting to just go ahead and settle for a V6 again, though, albeit a 110HP more powerful one.
      I've gotten the green light from my other half too. I just can't justify buying one just yet. Besides..... my v6 is still going strong and gets me close to 30 mpg on the highway. That and I don't owe anything.

Comment

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I keep hoping some miracle will happen and I will be able to afford a Z-28 when they come out. LOL

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Around town driving the Camaro wins but on the track the Mustang takes it. All the performance magazines have already proved this. So if you had to pick between the Mustang and the Camaro as a car rental, you would want to pick the Camaro for comfort. LOL!!! I still say spend the extra dough and get the 8!!!!

Comment

I'm about 1 year away from making my purchase again. I always just assumed it would be a Camaro, but after driving the '10 Mustang, I can't get away from how great that interior is. I'm really anxious to drive the new 5.0 this summer.

The Challenger used to be a no doubter for me until I test drove my friend's six cylinder. Power lacking aside, it was just a very large car that drove very large. The eight will be worse I imagine.

I guess it's an interesting and good problem to have... Choices. Let's continue to compare notes here as we look for the next new "toy".
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
            X