Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM gives away a new Corvette to a pitcher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM gives away a new Corvette to a pitcher?

I think GM is on the wrong track on this one.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...Jun/0603_Vette

The guy can buy whatever he wants, yet GM gives him a new Vette? Come on..... they would have been better off selling the car and donating the profits to charity.

I agree. He can buy whatever he wants, why give him a car. Donate the car to charity of his choice and let them auction it off.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Armando has played farm league baseball the majority of his career and isn't very well paid at all. Even at the height of his career in 2009 he made under 490k and before that was never paid a big league salary. I'm not saying it's chump change but the guy isn't as well off as most would assume.

He isn't a very good pitcher and will probably not make much money in the future, so he'll probably end up working the rest of his life for a respectable wage like the rest of us.

I think that's part of the reason GM did it. If it were to have been Roger Clemens or a Johan Santana, I'm not so sure they'd have done that.

I quit buying into the "charity" thing when I saw what the United Way paid it's CEO and then saw that most charities operate the same way.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

the ump blew his perfect game, the guy isnt a very good pitcher, he prob wont ever come close to doing that again. if it was only the 6th or 7th inning and not 2 outs in the 9th, it be a different story
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

a Grand Sport no less...............

that was stupid.....i agree with yall... donate the money to charity.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
            the ump blew his perfect game, the guy isnt a very good pitcher, he prob wont ever come close to doing that again. if it was only the 6th or 7th inning and not 2 outs in the 9th, it be a different story
            Yeah, he will probably be sent back to AAA before the end of this year and not come back to the pro's.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Yeah, he will probably be sent back to AAA before the end of this year and not come back to the pro's.
              i think joe and ken need to see that play to see why GM gave this kid a corvette, it was a bad call. ill see if i cant find a clip.

edit: this shows the play a min or two into the clip, it was the worse call in recent history

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5244971

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I wouldn't say that it was that terrible of a call if you just consider the play. But given the circumstances, yes by far the worst call of at least the recent history. I think the kid deserves to get something, besides from what i understand, the detroit tigers went half on the vette.

edit: The pitcher has been nothing but a class act about the whole thing to boot.
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

kid deserves the car, esp since hes not trying to make a big deal bout it. i bet if this was a top dollar pictcher 90% of them would be ing

Comment

Working...
                  X