Custom fuel tank for my Jeep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom fuel tank for my Jeep

Well, I'm finally getting to the point of getting my Jeep squared away. First is a custom tank with baffling and an in-tank pump for the FI kit. Now, its a TBI setup using a GM TBI unit. I'm not sure on the part # right now, I'll add it in later. Now, the problem I have right now is that I'm trying to find the correct in-tank pump to get. Howell, the company I got the kit from, said to get one that supplies up to 60 PSI. But, everything I read elsewhere says 14 PSI at idle and up to 30 PSI under load. So, can anyone help me with this? I appreciate all help. Also, this is probably the first of many threads to come on my Jeep.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Can't speak for sure, but normally TBI fuel pressures are around 14-30 and the port injected is 40-60

Comment

See, that's what I'm finding too. I'm gonna pop the hood and see if I can find a part # on the TB to see what light it sheds on the topic. Thanks Joe.
      Steve

Comment

i had a tbi bird, get a 454 unit, bigger injectors and body, also my PSI was set at like 9? and 14 underload. hit up the third gen board theres a whole section bout tbi and even tuning it

www.thirdgen.org

btw, use a TPI pump, will flow enough for the motor
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
          i had a tbi bird, get a 454 unit, bigger injectors and body, also my PSI was set at like 9? and 14 underload. hit up the third gen board theres a whole section bout tbi and even tuning it

www.thirdgen.org

btw, use a TPI pump, will flow enough for the motor
          Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't really alter the TB or injectors as its a 50-state-legal setup. But a 454 pump is a good idea, thanks.
          Steve

Comment

454 pump? if you use the 454 TBI unit, its actually bigger then the 305/350 unit, i forget the specs but most guys use the TPI fuel pump as it flows enough for TBI units. as for mods, just polish the tbi unit, it will flow a little smoother and if you add a injector spacer it will help with some power.
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Buy a VTEC and you won't have these problems.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                454 pump? if you use the 454 TBI unit, its actually bigger then the 305/350 unit, i forget the specs but most guys use the TPI fuel pump as it flows enough for TBI units. as for mods, just polish the tbi unit, it will flow a little smoother and if you add a injector spacer it will help with some power.
                Sorry, I guess I misunderstood you. In any case, thanks for the advice.

Originally posted by Steel2686
                Buy a VTEC and you won't have these problems.
                Bastage! lol
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X