New Buick Regal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Buick Regal

I mentioned this in my other thread about taking a test drive, but I wanted to post pics for anyone who hasn't seen these. It's the new Buick Regal. GM is bringing it back and it looks as if they are doing it right.

Here's the standard version...

And here's the projected "GNX" version...

I really hope they do the GNX right if they're going to actually use that name as it is rumored. In my opinion, there were only 547 GNX's ever made and it should remain that way.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

If they do it right, I could be up for another Buick. Perhaps it should be called the GSX after the old (early 70s) version.

Comment

That's a great angle, Joe. Shows off the massive front vents nicely.

Something I've noticed over the past several years is that the coupe is all but dead. Two door cars are a thing of the past unless we're talking about a "sports car" (i.e. Mustang, Camaro, Vette, etc).

Used to be that coupes were first when designing a car, then the four-door came as an afterthought or completely different model all together. Maybe it's the sleek styling of the newer four doors now that makes owning a coupe pointless. There are still a few out there making a two-door version of their cars (Accord and Altima come to mind), but they sell FAR less of those models than they do their four-door counterpart.

Anyway... Just an observation.

Edit: If they call it the GSX (great idea, by the way), they should implement the tach into the hood near the cowl again. Who wouldn't instantly want that car?
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

Comment

This car in black would be a great addition for Buick. If they follow the same lead as Cadillac, they released a CTS coupe version AFTER the sedan turned out to be a hit. Now shoehorn that engine in the Buick with AWD, it would be a sellout.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Now shoehorn that engine in the Buick with AWD, it would be a sellout.
          Thanks. I need a new keyboard as I've destroyed this one with drool.

Supposedly the GS version will be AWD. I'm really interested to find out more about the powerplant in that model. The Regal is due out in September, but the GS isn't debuting until at least spring 2011 or later.

I should also note the picture I posted (and Joe's) is of the Regal GS. Not the rumored GNX as I had originally stated. The GS will be the "sport" model after the initial CXL luxury model is released this Fall.

Here's the specs of the new Regal CXL right from Buick's website...

Engines: 188 HP 2.4L ECOTEC DOHC SIDI VVT 4-cylinder
          220 HP 2.0L ECOTEC SIDI VVT TURBO 4-cylinder

Tranny: 6-speed automatic w/ DSC

Sounds intriguing. A pair of fours is all that will be available to start, but possibly a turbo six is in the works for the "GNX" version. That would be very cool.
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

Comment

I really hope they have something better than what was posted. How can you compare that with Joe's car? Joe's looks amazing. You can tell just by looking at it that it can perform. This new thing looks like something they'd market toward 70 year old men or people with families. "This is my 12 second Buick Lacrosse"
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

IIRC, they are going to call it the GSX. I'll have to dig through my ragmags to confirm that though.

Everything I've read about it looks great. I can't say that I'd replace my Regal with it, but definitely a nice car.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

that body style just does not do it for me... its too............ Asian.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

If I was able to design the new Buick, it would be based on this:

Put the typical buick ports on the front fender, change the grill ever so slightly, give it the CTSV motor, paint it black and you've got a modern day GNX that would make people drool. Of course it would be expensive, it would definately stick out as being a Buick Supercar.

Comment

That caddy looks like someone punched it in the face.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

It would be great to see another GM V6 eating up the competition again.

Even if they didn't go the Buick route, it would be fun to see a twin-turbo Canyon. Bring back the Syclone name as long as it's done right.

Joe - A GNX with the CTSV motor would certainly be expensive, but the original GNX was expensive for it's time as well. It was quite a bit more than the Grand National as there were only 530+ built. It had an MSRP of $29,900, however, they weren't selling for any less than 50K and up.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                      X