Hardest 4th of July for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest 4th of July for me

Hey all. I hope you guys had great 4th of July weekends. Can't really say I did unfortunately.

You know how they say everything comes in 3's? Well, it did this past weekend. The third and least difficult was going into the ER on Sat. for 2 stiches. Knife got away from me as I was opening a box (containing parts for the Z no less lol) and sliced open my thumb pretty deep. But, that's manageable.

The first, and definitely one of the 2 hardest, was learning that my grandmother is in the hospital. She has 2 blood clots around her brain that are causing her to have strokes. These developed a couple months ago after a bad car accident. The worst is that there's nothing that can be done due to problems with her blood pressure.

The second, and probably the hardest for me, was learning what I did on Sat. I got a call Fri. night from one of my sisters telling me that my dad had a stroke and was in the hospital. What made this worse was learning the cause on Sat....brain cancer (glioma specifically). I'm still trying to sort myself out after this and don't know what to think or feel, let alone what to do next. While some good did come of this, namely my dad and other sister seeing each other and talking after so many years of problems, its still hard to deal with.

I can't stress how much I covet prayer right now. I'm definitely not ready to lose my dad right now and have no desire to.

Take care everyone. Never let a chance to show your dad some love slip away, as I know I won't.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Sorry to hear of your troubles broh...... you'll be in our prayers.

Comment

I am praying for you and your family, Steve.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

wow, a tough time indeed. You're in our thoughts
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Hang in there. Trials and tribulations...
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Urgh that's horrible. More power to you, keep your head up. Keep us updated.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

damn dude, just remember sometimes u can get up the mountain in 2wd other times u need a little more traction 4wd. keep your head up
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Well, some good news to update this.

Grandma is doing better. She's recovering and should be released within the next couple weeks. She's going to have to go into assisted living, but that's better than being stuck in the hospital I suppose.

As for dad, he had a consultation with a dr. at Stanford on Fri. After looking at the initial MRI, they said that the cancer is not nearly as bad as the other dr. was saying. He has another MRI at Stanford to see what is going on, so its just wait and pray right now.

Thanks for all the support everyone. I can't say just how much I appreciate it.
                Steve

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

Nice, hopefully more positive things lay ahead for you.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

That's awesome news, Steve.

I actually would love to live in assisted living. Seriously, my grandfather is in an assisted living facility and I always tell him he's got the life. He's starting to agree with me.

As for your dad, I think we both know why that second opinion was better news...

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all." - Psalm 34:19
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Sorry I haven't updated this. Its been a rough week to say the least.

So, here's the great news. Dad is recovering quite well and fast. They were able to remove the tumor with no problem and he's back in Fresno going through physical therapy. Grandma is out of the hospital now and doing much better. She's going to be going into assisted living soon, but she'll be closer to family.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I wish I could express just how appreciative I am, but even writing this is difficult for me at this point. Have a great week everyone.
                        Steve

Comment

Steve - That is great news. Praise the good Lord.

Prayers will continue through their recovery (and yours for that matter).

Now get some sleep!
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

Comment

Sorry to hear of your troubles. You have my prayers for all of you.
                            Trust His plan, everything happens for a reason even when we don't understand.

Comment

Thanks for the prayers guys. He's home now and recovering, which is great. My grandma is in assisted living now and liking it so far. So, everything seems to be getting better. PTL!
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X