Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bachelor's Party... need help.

Ok guys,

My best friend is getting married in November and I am the best man. I've been to ONE wedding in the last seven years and never to a Bachelor's party. Soooo as a best man what are my responsibilities? Should the other three groom's men pitch in as well? Is there anything other than the rings and the toast I am responsible for at the wedding?

Notes: Party is at the southside in Pittsburgh. There is a hotel I plan on booking...there will be no strippers due to both of the brides fathers coming (WTF?).

Any and all advice are welcomed.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Wait, both of the Brides Im confused.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
      Wait, both of the Brides Im confused.
      There's the biological father and then the step father.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Best bet - Book a place to have it and lock up food and drink, plus some items for a raffle.

Sell raffle tickets on the spot - Usually 5$ a ticket or $20 for an arm's length. Almost everyone will buy the arm's length as it's a better deal. All the money goes straight to the groom. Prizes usually include cases of beer, good bottled alcohol, cheap seats tickets to a game, t-shirts, hats, etc...

Have the wedding party help you with expenses. That's assumed anyway.

Charge a decent amount for the tickets to go... Somewhere in the $20 range. Take $5 a ticket or so for the expenses and give the rest to the groom.

These are things I did and it all went well.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

As best man you should also take the responsibility of making sure the groom has everything he needs the day of and that he gets where he needs to go ON TIME. That includes the other groomsmen as well. Talk to the bride's mom and let her know you have that part under control. She should keep you in the loop as to times, locations etc.

Google Best Man's responsibilities to get an idea of what to expect.
          Some of them will seem old fashioned and funny but you'll get the idea.

Ex. "Help the groom dress for the ceremony."
          Obviously, you're not gonna help your buddy zip his pants, buy you do make sure he doesn't forget his tie or shoes and that he has black socks etc.
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
          X