New headers w video.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New headers w video.

Well, my Mac Y pipe big the dust. I really liked that exhaust system but for the last 2 years it's been a mess, and I've had the Y pipe repaired several times and it just keeps getting worse.

Mac said it would cost me 200-220 for a replacement w/shipping but they didn't even have one, and neither did any vendor. Only if you buy a new setup.

You can only imagine how bad that would sound! And the fumes? Forget about it! It was a pain to drive my car and that's sad because I still to this day LOVE driving this car.

The BBK install was much easier on the drivers side. The passenger side was difficult to get in with the way the EGR pipe sticks out on these headers. I ended up bending it in to clear the firewall easier. Once I did that, it slid right in.

The plug access is better than I thought and I was able to use my over the valve cover kit as well, even on the drivers side. Well, except plug 5, that one I ran under the header.

It hasn't sounded this smooth and quiet in 2 years and I gotta say I love it!

It sounds louder on the video, it's actually pretty tame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeNlX8THwo
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Sounds good, underhood looks clean too.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Doing headers on the passenger side is PITA. My sympathies.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Doing headers on the passenger side is PITA. My sympathies.
        Not sure if you remember but I got into an accident and was hit on the passenger side last year, pushing it toward the drivers side. Getting that Mac header out almost felt impossible.

I had to get out a crow bar and pry the header toward the engine, pushing in the shock tower, finally making the header fall. That alone took over an hour to get that header out.

The BBK I fought with for a while too, but said screw it and pulled it out and bent that EGR pipe in just a tad and it went right in.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
        X