New Car....Turned to the dark side

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car....Turned to the dark side

My wife's been driving a 2000 Sebring convertible for quite a while now and little issues have been piling up. When she came back home the other day, it had an oil leak. Oil dripping on the crossover exhaust pipe. This is the second leak in as many years. We've been considering replacing it, so this was the last straw.

We went down to the local Carmax and test drove a lot of cars. We had driven a Vibe on our last vacation and really liked it. I would've loved one, but finding a newer model with what we want is really hard. Carmax had a 2010 Matrix with the "bigger" engine and only 3k miles, so we bit.

I'm surprised that I like it. Sure, the interior is cheap, but it's fun to drive and has a lot of space in back. For such a small car the interior is cavernous. Our two cockers love it. When we go outside, they always stand by it asking for a ride.

Anywho...here's some pics...Looks better in person, especially with the Zaino on it now.

Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Of course I had to break out the Zaino with the nice weather this weekend. Here are some pics after a couple of coats. Zaino-AIO followed by Z-5. Hubcap was last seen skittering off Route 50 by the D.C. beltway. Luckily it didn't hit anyone else when it decided to go its own way.

Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Vibe=Matrix iirc...

Its a good'n.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

nice ride, i wont worry bout the hubcap, i think the junkyard have those alloy wheels for cheap, i always see atleast one matrix/vibe with a missing hubcap
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
          Luckily it didn't hit anyone else when it decided to go its own way.
          Lucky the whole car didn't go it's own way. Toyotas are know for that aren't they?

Sorry.... couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Lucky the whole car didn't go it's own way. Toyotas are know for that aren't they?
            LOL!

I checked and they put a shim in the accelerator to fix it. Luckily I know how to shift to neutral.

It's also been recalled for floor mat interference. I was looking at that, and I don't know how in the heck the floor mat would interfere with the pedal. I guess it's possible if operated by an idiot.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
              Vibe=Matrix iirc...

Its a good'n.
              Yup...they're the same car. Vibe is built in Fremont and the Matrix is built in Canada. The same interior accept that the Vibe has a cargo organizer in the back. I'd rather drive a Pontiac, even if it's the same car.

Toyota has a better resale value...go figure!

Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Nice car! They are a blast to drive.

Make for a great daily driver.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                X