wolfdogs haz da hernia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfdogs haz da hernia

confirmed yesterday... appt. with surgeon next week to schedule surgery.
    guess i dodged the bullet for 63 years, my first surgery.

we caught it the day after if happened so it should not be too serious of a recovery period.

Inguinal hernia.. the most common type... and i didnt even do it at the gym!!!! did it at home moving a new coffee table still in the box into the garage from the front porch before going to the gym....

boy is this gonna cramp my style... for a little while... sheez.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Now you'll really have to be careful from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Now you'll really have to be careful from now on.
      not from what I read........

But I am going to lower the weights, increase the reps

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Ken,

I've been dealing with seniors for close to 25 years, day in.... day out. Regardless of what you have read, my experience says that once you've had a hernia, you will be more likely to get one again. Moderate exercise can help, but might not prevent it. You are right though, lots of reps with lower weight.

Comment

Don't ya just love retirement. I have been in and out the hospital more times than I care for. And the way things have been going I think my expiration date is coming sooner than I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
            Don't ya just love retirement. I have been in and out the hospital more times than I care for. And the way things have been going I think my expiration date is coming sooner than I think.
            naaah. dont take that tude dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              Ken,

I've been dealing with seniors for close to 25 years, day in.... day out. Regardless of what you have read, my experience says that once you've had a hernia, you will be more likely to get one again. Moderate exercise can help, but might not prevent it. You are right though, lots of reps with lower weight.
              hey..wait a min.!!!!!!! who you calling a Senior? I got your "senior" (_!_)

Comment

Turn your head and cough!

Did the doctor at least buy you dinner before he juggled your balls?

Seriously though, I've BTDT. Had my hernia fixed 3 years ago. They did it laproscopically. 3 small incisions and inflated my abdomen with gas to do the repair from the inside.

Good luch with it Ken. You'll be really tender for a week afterwards.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

Seriously though, I've BTDT. Had my hernia fixed 3 years ago. They did it laproscopically. 3 small incisions and inflated my abdomen with gas to do the repair from the inside.

I think thats what they are going to do with me as well.. at least my doc said so.

the doctor that diagnosed me is:, ready? a lady!!!!!!! LOL... that was humbling for me!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                    I think thats what they are going to do with me as well.. at least my doc said so.

the doctor that diagnosed me is:, ready? a lady!!!!!!! LOL... that was humbling for me!
                    I hope she had cold hands.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

You don't need surgery.......just rub some Zaino on it.
                      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

at least you'll get a chance to post more often. D&R / Best of Luck!
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

Inflated your abdomen with gas? I do that already a couple times a week, with beer and sauerkraut-

Are they putting in any mesh for the repair? Hope it all goes quickly and easily- you need to get well quickly for the pups- Prayers sent-
                          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Ah man.... Hernia surgery is much easier now than it was when my dad had it done 15 years ago. He was laid up for three weeks and his hernia was considered fairly minor. He had it again three years ago and it was "easy" in comparison.

You'll be fine, Ken. You're in good shape. You'll recover quicker than most people half your age. That makes them.... 55?

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

A few staples, some duct tape, maybe a little epoxy and you'll be good as new.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
                              R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Working...
                              X