Morons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morons

Here's a true story from Saturday night. Sadly, my bet is that at some point you've all seen something similar.

I Left work early on Saturday, my son and I took a couple hour road trip in the Camaro to see my best buddy that I've known since around '78.... it was his birthday on 9/11. We went out to dinner to celebrate, hung around to shoot the breeze and left for home about 9pm. About an hour into the drive, we start getting into an area on the highway that had been raining. We happen to pass a lowered Neon with a fartcan exhaust who was in the right lane. My guess is that once we were about an 1/8 mile ahead, he nails it. He blows past us doing at least 90 mph in the light rain. Now the problem is that trucks have worn some pretty good sized grooves into the road and they are collecting water. About 200 feet in front of us the clown in the neon hits the water filled trenches, starts sliding all over the place and almost plows into a car in front of him. My son and I are watching this unfold in front of us, he's freaking out, I'm being cautious and keeping my distance. The clown car neon barely avoids disaster and slows down to about 40 mph. After about a mile, I've closed the gap and I figure since the speed limit is 65 and he's still going slow, I'll just go past him. Only now, he's riding the center line and blocking both lanes. Finally after another mile of blocking both lanes on purpose, he moves to the right lane. You already guessed it, as soon as I start to go past he nails it again. Well I'm not biting and not playing. Not only is my son in the car, but the roads are wet and it's evident this guy is a moron. He sees I'm not playing but each time I start to pass, he nails it over and over. This goes on 5 or 6 times. This is a rural highway and a 1/4 mile up ahead there is a stop light. I purposely slow way down to drop in behind him, just another sign that I'm not playing his stupid games. At the last second he swaps lanes and I end up next to him. Now his window is rolled down, the trash talking starts and I see he has a car full of moron friends. They are doing their best at goading me into a street race. I won't even repeat the trash and insults they were yelling, just suffice to say these jackasses were going to get themselves killed and likely take some other innocent person with them. I could care less what the hell they say, it's not going to work so they start flipping me off. Now the fun begins...... I pull out my cell phone and pretend to snap a photo, pretend to dial the phone and hold it up to my ear...... the morons freak and think I'm calling the cops and make an illegal right turn from the left hand lane, cut though a convenience store parking lot and start hauling azz down another road.

Living proof that the gene pool needs cleaning. Sad thing is that they are probably going to not only get themselves hurt, but likely going to hurt someone else along with them. It's easy to see how some people could get involved in road rage when faced with idots like that, in a sadistic way I was hoping they would have hit a large enough puddle to slide right off the road and into the trees. It sounds terrible, but that's what they would have deserved. I suppose that I'm just glad in the end that nobody was hurt. Especially us.

Hope those guys live long enough to gainse some sense. Some poeple learn the hard way and others rid the gen pool of themselves.

For some reason, I n the past 9 years, I only ran across those type of idiots 3-4 times... maybe the rest did the pine-box mod!
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

I have done the same thing with whipping out my phone.

I live beside a park where sometimes there are jagoff kids doing things they shouldn't be. So I simply take my portable police scanner and crank the volume all the way up and they always, always bolt.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

way to keep cool in front of your son.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I'm glad you didn't get hurt, could have ended way worse.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

sorta had the same thing yesterday, me and buddy were heading to the package store to grab some woodchuck draft cider, well were at a light and a older dude(prob 40s?) in a bmw asked if we wanted to give it ago, my buddy declined and the dude took off, well in the back was his 8 year old? kid. i turned around and told my buddy, god i hope he doesnt kill that kid
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
            X