Wifeys new ride....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifeys new ride....

Well since the ty is gone decided to get the wifey a new kid hauler.

honda touring....this thing has everything! The nav folds into the dash to reveal the 6 disk.

It says 160 on the speedo so....lol time to take her to the track!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

needs drag radials?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      needs drag radials?

lol Just need some 305's on the front!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Good choice! I used to love driving the minivans when I worked for Enterprise.
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Is this a lease?

And, I hope those tires aren't the Michelin PAX. Not only does traction stink, they are so heavy they lower fuel mileage and decrease handling severely.

I had a 2006, and loved it, except for the wheels and tires. They lasted only 28,000 miles, and cost me $1,200 to replace. Only one tire in the world fits the stupid wheel too. I wound up buying a second set of wheels and tires for the winter, and did everything possible to baby the Michelins. When I returned it, I had to fight to not pay a surcharge due to worn tires. I was NOT going to replace the tires twice in four years, since I returned the car with only 48,000 miles.
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Is this a lease?

And, I hope those tires aren't the Michelin PAX. Not only does traction stink, they are so heavy they lower fuel mileage and decrease handling severely.

I had a 2006, and loved it, except for the wheels and tires. They lasted only 28,000 miles, and cost me $1,200 to replace. Only one tire in the world fits the stupid wheel too. I wound up buying a second set of wheels and tires for the winter, and did everything possible to baby the Michelins. When I returned it, I had to fight to not pay a surcharge due to worn tires. I was NOT going to replace the tires twice in four years, since I returned the car with only 48,000 miles.
            nope not a lease. Im learning alot about those PAX tires. luckily the dealer just put a new set on.

current

Comment

how many slices of toasts will it make at once?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

is it me or does the front end of the honda look like the newer GM minivans as well?

as for the tire issue there has to be other tires out there or a different size that works with more options

edit - just did some reading on this pax system, seems like its a great way for honda to lose customers but from some forums i was looking at, more people are buying 2008 wheels and putting the normal tires on. seems like its a good idea but a tire life of 40K is a little sad
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Ditto what Al mentioned on PAX systems.

There is a class action lawsuit on PAX systems and Michelin will credit a substantial amount back to the consumer. Make sure whoever replaces the tires know what they are doing and new PAX gel is used.

KEEP THE INFLATION AT 40 PSI!

I've replaced plenty of PAX tires, both from Nissan and Honda and they like 40 psi. It'll help with the edge wear...which all PAX Honda suffers from. 40 PSI, easy driving and rotate every 5K miles will help get you over 30K.

I've typcally seen 20-25k out of tires...

Great Pick up though...Odysseys are by far the coolest vans...best looking too.

Congrats.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Wifey? Uh. NNialator has infected this board too.

96 TA Sold!
                    87 TA Sold!
                    80 Z28 Sold!
                    74 Formula Sold!
                    73 Z28 Sold!
                    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Forget the class action lawsuit. It's closed. I tried getting reimbursed, but they denied my claim, saying that since the dealer discounted the installation (this was after only 28,000 miles too) by 10%, I was ineligible to receive anything. Even if I didn't receive a discount, the lawsuit would have only have given me $200 since it's prorated. The damned lawyers made most of the money on the settlement.

What you may want to do...see what you can get on ebay by selling the PAX wheels and tires. A couple of years ago, people were getting close to $1,000 for a good set, since returning the leased vehicles mandated having PAX wheels (if you bought a Touring). For that much money, you could get a really nice set of wheels and tires. You'll not only increase the performance of the car, but spare yourself the high replacement bill coming in less than 30K miles. And since Michelin no longer makes the PAX tires, it's going to cost you a pretty penny to find them, that's assuming you can find a Honda dealership that has the equipment to mount them. I had to look hard to find one, since very few Honda dealerships spent the money to buy the specialized equipment. And no - other than Honda, no shops can mount and balance them, unless they sprung for the equipment to do so. It left a bad taste in my mouth, as you can tell.

BTW - My wife reminded me that I did NOT buy a second set for the Odyssey (got confused with my other minivan). She drove the Honda 90% of the time, so I got them mixed up. But what I do remember, when I did drive it, the PAX were down right scary in the rain and snow. Please tell your wife to go easy in foul weather. These things gave little warning when they lost traction. If it wasn't for the warning light on the dash telling my the stability control was kicking in, they gave no indication that they were slipping.

As much as I loved my Odyssey Touring, the wheels ruined the experience. Very bad decision by Honda.
                      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
                      X