Pic's: wheels, tires done, finally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic's: wheels, tires done, finally

Hi, everyone. Following all my tire size and wheel questions I had to post pictures after it all. I just got to drive the car with all fours done yesterday. The new tires are all Yokohama Avid 255/50-VR16s. It took so long mainly because of the difficulty I had in finding 4 of these tires. Thanks to all with helpful tips on choosing a good tire.

All 4 rims have been professionally reconditioned to their original appearance. The car handles well, and the new tire/original rim combo looks great.

Here are some pictures of how lousy the rims had gotten:

Look at this lousy rash around the whole lip, which stuck out beyond the factory-undersized 215s.

More nasty curb rash and general poor condition.

Lifting the car. Getting ready... Spending 5 weeks after an order cancellation on two of the tires...
    Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
    2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Now here they are, rims refinished and all.

The car out last night.

At last. Now I can't wait 'til Spring. I've got fresh M1 5-30 in there with a Blazer sized M1 filter. Yeah!
    Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed

Comment

Very nice.
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

good job! dont expect a lot of treadwear from those Yoko's though.. but they will stick.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
          Very nice.
          Originally posted by wolfdogs
          good job!
          Thanks!
          Originally posted by wolfdogs
          dont expect a lot of treadwear from those Yoko's though.. but they will stick.
          No problem for me. Driving about 2k mi a year, not a worry for me. I'd say besides finding a tire in a 255, my priorities would order something like ride comfort, performance/handling in dry weather, then tread life, and waaaay at the end some light snow ability (just in case). I think after much research, these are the best to fit these criteria.

Thanks to Dave-S and Z ya Later for the especially good advice. Sorry some of these pic's are clearly from a phone. I need a digital camera. But this is what I've got for now.
          Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 98 'Bird
            Thanks to Dave-S and Z ya Later for the especially good advice. Sorry some of these pic's are clearly from a phone. I need a digital camera. But this is what I've got for now.
            Happy to help dude.

Car's lookin' pretty slick. Very well done.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Wheels and tires look great..... now its time to spruce up the brakes
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X