Do I NEED a wax?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I NEED a wax?

I only drive the Firehawk about 2K a warm season and never in rain. Could I just put down a few coats of Zaino-CS? It's a durable sealant that really shines.

2002 Firehawk Sold

I've never used the CS but i'm sure you'll be happy. I've haven't had an issue with any zaino product yet. Make sure you do the full prep though, you will NOT be disappointed
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

The last time my 94 Formula was "waxed" was in 1997. Since then I've used Zaino products. The finish is still better than new. I still use the Z-5 and Z-2 products, but looking at the website the "CS" can be applied over those. Since its a fairly new product, I doubt anyone has had the chance to run a long-term test.

In any case, do NOT even consider putting "wax" on your car's finish. The CS writeup specifically notes that is should not be applied over uncured wax.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

its not that durable that i would use it by itself. take the time to throw a coat of z5pro mixed with zfx on the car, it will last at least 6 months. if you feel like it, since you are using the zfx, you can do up to 3 coats at one time.. then you are good to go for a long time....

proofs in da puddin partner

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ok, thanks guys.

What I did last year is just polish with the porter cable, wash well, the Z-CS. It lasted pretty well and I applied a new coat once a month. It's amazing what the CS can do with light.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
          X