Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rant on alcohol/ drug law reform

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39938704...th-addictions/

Marijuana is on the bottom of the list, yet it's illegal everywhere and pushing for medical marijuana has been an uphill battle from the get- go. In most places, you can get arrested for having so much as a cannabis seed in your possession, at the same time, you can drive around with your car completely filled with alcohol and won't get in any trouble, so long as you can still see through the windows. Alcohol accounts for thousands of deaths every year (as opposed to marijuana's 0 deaths since the dawn of time), yet you can't watch tv for 5 minutes or flip through a magazine without seeing an add for beer or liquor...but you can get arrested for having less than a gram of marijuana on you at any time.

Does anyone else here feel it's time to simply give up on the failed embarrassment of a drug war and legalize marijuana? In addition to that, far fewer people would overdose on other drugs (marijuana isn't actually a drug, but an herb like oregano or basil), such as cocaine and heroin if the drugs were simply regulated by the government. Portugal decriminalized all drugs and their country hasn't collapsed, yet we're made to believe that ours would under the same conditions. Rather than being arrested in Portugal, you're sent or recommended to go to rehab. I don't know if anyone is aware of our prison population issues, our country holds nearly a quarter of the GLOBAL prison population. Nearly 25% of prisoners around the planet reside in the United States.

I could probably go on for pages, but I wanted to get some feedback before I go any further.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

I agree. It's fighting a losing, unnecessary war.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I tend to agree as well...Look at prohibition and how that failed miserably. Same goes for this drug war.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Working...
      X