End of the line for me :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the line for me :(

Well I am getting older and probably gonna start focusing on a house in the next five years. I've been offered 15K cash for my Firehawk with 64,500 which is a pretty awesome deal! I bought the car for 16.5 almost three years ago so I am figuring out to make pretty good on this deal.

Plans are to buy an 08 silverado and move into a place thats smaller. A single male does not need a three story townhome.

This will end six years of owning an F-body which is a bit hard to swallow, but I know I'll be back in it given time. Any advice or comments? Haha

2002 Firehawk Sold

It's sad to say, but budget does trump the need for an f-body. You'll miss it though. I still miss my '96 Z28. With the cars I've bought since I sold it, I could've rebuilt the engine and done some other things to keep it like new.

Looks like you've got a good buyer. Go with it if it's a good deal, but don't be a stranger. I still check the board regularly even though I've had my Grand Prix since 2007. Has it been that long?!?
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

well, for what its worth, i owned f bodies from 1967 to 2004........

experimented with two other models which was a fail after that..then found my ticket..... LOL

you'll be fine!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That sounds like a great deal. You will miss it. I mine with a passion every day!!!! Ill get another(had 4 in the last 10yrs) but priorities first. Like learning how to spell is one of them

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Sometimes you have to do what is necessary. With as many f-bodies that have been built, you can always pick up another. A firehawk sure is a nice model to have though.......

Comment

I've had my fun. And I know I'll miss it like crazy...but this major upside to this is not DD'ing a dying 97 caravan into work everyday. I'm picking him up from the airport in a few mins
            And holy crap! For some reason my sig isn't working. Could be a sign.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

....I'd kill to have a Hawk. Always been my favorite F-body... being an adult can really drag...but I told myself I'd never get rid of the TA. It sure will look nice parked in front of a house someday. But you do what you have to do...and that offer is good chunk.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thanks for the support guys!

I ended up scoring a 05 F150 FX4 that is absolutely awesome.
                I've had it for about two weeks. I would snap a pic but its been F'n RAINING almost every day since!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
                X