Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since the board has gas again....

What's new with everyone?

I no longer have the Hawk and feel pretty good about that decision! I miss it and all, but it's nice to just pay for everything related to one car. I'm also saving up for a house! Ahhh

2002 Firehawk Sold

with me, i still work 60 to 70 hours a week, but we went from buying one company to buyign a total of 7 companies. the routes are way beyond do-able for us front load guys. other then that, im debating on selling the mustang and taking the money and puttin it towards a house, oh and i got rid of my cavalier for a silverado
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I went back to school and am about a year away from graduating.

I got rear ended by a semi truck on April 13th and pushed into the back of another semi truck while on my bike. Bike is jacked, but I am alive and walked away with just a sever concussion and a torn rotator cuff.

My foot was super bruised up as was my left shin but nothing broke.

It's a pain having to see all these doctors and I start physical therapy tomorrow for my shoulder.

I am down to just the Camaro for transport and with 4.16/gallon and only getting 15-18mpg's, needless to say it sucks!

Glad this board is back up, I missed it.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Glad your OK... Sounds like a pretty bad accident. Good luck with the PT. I had surgery on my shoulder 2 years ago and it made a huge difference after I got through PT.. GL

Originally posted by raroZ28
        I went back to school and am about a year away from graduating.

I got rear ended by a semi truck on April 13th and pushed into the back of another semi truck while on my bike. Bike is jacked, but I am alive and walked away with just a sever concussion and a torn rotator cuff.

My foot was super bruised up as was my left shin but nothing broke.

It's a pain having to see all these doctors and I start physical therapy tomorrow for my shoulder.

I am down to just the Camaro for transport and with 4.16/gallon and only getting 15-18mpg's, needless to say it sucks!

Glad this board is back up, I missed it.
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Well, I still have the 96 T/A...just turned 46,000 miles.

Was finally able to register it as a Collector Vehicle, meaning my insurance is $225 a year, with a full replacement value of $15K - all good

Now that the car is "just about" done, I'm looking forward to driving it in this year's Memorial Day parade. I was supposed to do it last year, but spent all Spring, Summer, and Fall in the Gulf working the oil spill.

Overall, nothing new. Oh yeah...this will be my 1,000 post. It only took my like 15 years
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

My work moved locations so that was a nightmare. Other than that, just been working my butt off to keep the business going in this rotten economy. So basically, just been treading water and working on cars. Almost ready to have the lambo on the road.

Comment

Just bought a house! Happy to no longer pay rent! Going on 4 years being married to the wife and little man is 2.5 years.

The Bird is in rough shape sad to say...ever since I got married and started with Discount Tire...well, life's priorities has changed. Just turn 280K though! Replaced the driver window motor and rear taillight not to long ago and working on a new windshield and upper dash. She's 11 years old and DD is showing her age. Parts of the body is starting paint bubbles...it's like paint pimples. LOL! I hate it...after I finish paying off the Saturn Vue, I'll be getting her back into shape...or even looking at 02 Camaro.

Glad to see you're alright Raro...not to many people walk away.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

This is a rough one to answer to say the least.

Last Oct, I found out that my position was being eliminated due to financial constraints. So, as of last week, I've been out of a job. Thankfully, I've paid off a good chunk of my debt and saved up, so I'm ok for now. Plus, I've got 2 job opportunities lined up, which is good.

Last Nov., 3 weeks after I found out about my job, my dad passed away. He was recovering well until the end of Oct. He had another stroke and that was pretty much it. Some days aren't too bad, others suck. I'm still getting accustomed to the fact that he's not just a phone call away.

Other than that, I can't complain. lol
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Well, lets see...I am daily driving the Formy to a new job that is 40 miles away and getting about 23mpg on the expressway(as long a s my foot stays out of it). We moved into a bigger house last year though it has no garage...yet...I found a smokin deal on a 2001 Yukon XL and jumped on it. I also bought an older Kawasaki 1100. But haven't ridden it yet...
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

Wow guys that's some serious stuff!

It's weird when people are freaked out that I sold the Hawk. It was just the go-fast thing was getting old and so was I! Many of us seem to be switching one life's passion for another nowadays...but down the road I know I will own another F-body. It's just in my blood.

I forgot to add that I'm working on my Master's degree. At the end of June I'll be halfway finished.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I FINALLY got my Z back at the track, and hit a 12.289sec quarter on STOCK LT1 UNPORTED heads with upgraded springs (original valves).
                      I also got a place of my own. Its so nice to finally be able to put the car away in a garage.

Its great to see all of you again!

1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                        I FINALLY got my Z back at the track, and hit a 12.289sec quarter on STOCK LT1 UNPORTED heads with upgraded springs (original valves).
                        I also got a place of my own. Its so nice to finally be able to put the car away in a garage.

Its great to see all of you again!

Niiiiiice!!!!!
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

nice looking place man. for the price range where im looking at and the fact im in ct, ill be lucky to get a d/w big enough for 3 vehicles(my stang, silverado and womans wrangler)
                          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Life changed a lot the last four years. I got re-married and bought a house on horse property in the Colorado Rockies, (9,000ft) about 45 miles from Denver. I started my Doctorate (Computer Science) program about 2 years ago and I have another 1.5 years to go. The '97 sits in a snow drift most of the spring, winter, and fall and I take it out about 6-8 times in the summer; it needs a few things especially new headlight gears. The ground gets pretty icy and it can't be moved so I can't keep it in the garage because I need the bay for car maintenance. Most of my spare time is spent having fun in the mountains since I am here. There are numerous places to go shooting around my house so I spend a lot of time doing that with my son. On a personal note, I ruptured a disk in my back; it healed but it still bothers me at times. The Neurosurgeon showed me the MRI, but said it was not severe enough to operate; I guess they want to wait until I can't walk anymore...nothing like managed care through an HMO.
                            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                              Nice. What speed?

Comment

Working...
                              X