Parade time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parade time

After many, many , many years of tweaking, I'm finally ready to enter my car in my town's Memorial Day parade. It's our 128th annual parade, making it one of (if not THE) longest running parade in NJ.

But, it's not without drama. I starter the car up Friday night to back it out of the garage to begin detailing. However, the starter decided to grenade! After spending 9 hours repairing the resulting damage (which sent shrapnel into the T-56 bell housing), I'm back in business. I changed over to the LT4/Corvette mini starter and that lead to more issues. You see, on a stock exhaust vehicle, there's plenty of room to install the starter. However, I'm running mid-length headers. So, I was forced to remove the Y-pipe to facilitate installation. Ugh!

So, we are finally ready. My son and I spent the better part of the morning polishing, cleaning, and buttoning up some loose ends. I finally got my amp temperature gauge working, so I reinstalled my triple pillar pod. (My air horn went South, so we replaced that too.) What luck...

Once I finish, I'll post some pictures, courtesy of my 9 year old daughter, who will be watching from the street.

Enjoy Memorial Day folks - never forget those who sacrificed for our freedoms!
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    the starter decided to grenade! After spending 9 hours repairing the resulting damage (which sent shrapnel into the T-56 bell housing),
    Wow, never seen that happen.

Comment

My 9-year old daughter took these pictures for me. What a great day for a parade. The kids loved the car...headers and straight pipes will do that (LOL).

Fun day for sure!

Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

all around beautiful car! nice job...
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

sweet looking T/A.

Comment

Thanks men...I sometimes wonder why my wife sticks with me, considering the amount of hours I spend with "my other girlfriend". But, it's a work in (continual) progress. Who knows, maybe the next mod with be heads and cam.
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

It looks so smooth!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
              X