I am beyond pissed..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am beyond pissed..........

Driving home, some SOB in a SUV swings wide in a turn and almost takes me out. I hit the brakes and had to swerve, ended up pounding into a concrete curb. Really trashed one polished 17x9 SS wheel. Meanwhile the SOB keeps driving off at high speed. No time for a license number, nada. I'm lucky, but at the same time...... really pisses. The moral of the story is watch out for idiots this Memorial Day, the life you save maybe your own.

Glad you're ok man.

Might I suggest this...

Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

That bites.

@ Z Ya Later,
      I was going to suggest this:
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

damn..that suks.!!!

people can't drive worth chit anymore, i drive with 10 eyes now... its incredible.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
          That bites.

@ Z Ya Later,
          I was going to suggest this:
          In a world filled with people that suffer from cranial-anal-lexia and methane-brain, I suggest using both.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

joe i hear ya, im faced with that every day, its worse when im near full in my work truck(2011 Autocar Xpeditor 34 yard front load body) they whip around me then trun right infront of me expecting me to stop just as fast as they do. i remember last time someone pulled a stupid move on you in a f-body, glad the result is alot better. if your intrested my buddy has silver SS wheels, he just got a set of C5 Z06 wheels he gettin ready to throw on, i can see if he wants to sell em
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Joe, we have to get you a tank to use as a daily driver. You seem to have horrendous luck on the road.
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                Joe, we have to get you a tank to use as a daily driver. You seem to have horrendous luck on the road.
                The reality is that down here, I seem to have bad luck with other drivers and F-bodies. The moron drivers in this neck of the swamps are horrible at best. My 97 T/A saved my life when I got run off the road, this camaro handled fantastic and actually allowed me to avoid something serious. It cost me a wheel, but I consider MYSELF lucky. Even though I'm in a moderately rural area, every day I see stuff that almost causes an accident. The area is highly patrolled by law enforcement of all branches. City, county and state agencies crawl all over the place and are always writing tickets. I've learned to drive with my eyes peeled and looking everywhere.

Oh..... OE Wheel in Sarasota hooked me up with another polished 17x9.5 ZR-1 replacement wheel. That's what I had on the car so this is an exact duplicate. Lance Bullock was great to deal with, give him a shout if you need anything. Lance@oewheels.net

He's got my seal of endorsement! They are also working on a 2010-2011 wheel that will retro fit to the 4th generation cars. That would look sweet!

Comment

You seem to have all the bad luck. I lucked out last week getting from a two lane hwy into a 4 lane intersection. The person in front of me took the left lane to either turn left or go straight. I decided to take the right lane to go straight and boogie by as the light is short when this person decided to turn right into my lane with no turn indicator on heading towards my side.

Luckily he or she noticed at the last moment that I was there squeezing the TA all the way to the right almost out in the dirt. I had visions of the two cars banging sideways together. While the cars did not touch, I'm so far right that I'm heading towards the end of the median of the cross road and I had to make a brisk maneuver to miss it and go straight.

Must have been quite a sight loosing my rear end one way and then the other while trying to get it under control. It all went so fast and I have no idea how I managed to stay clear and not bang together with the other car. The other person stop right there half way into the intersection probably wondering what happened.

My favorite is the people that want to change lanes and think that once they put the turn indicator on, it's their god given right to come over whether there's an opening or not.
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I've gotten really cranky in my old age. I guess I figure is some dimbulb is going to cause an accident, they ought to participate, also. I don't swerve off the road any more. If you are coming into my lane, hit me, swap paint, then get the tickets and pay my damage. I had a girl, on-coming, cut the curve into my lane- I didn't dive off the road, and she started blowing her horn, I guess to tell me to get out of her way. Sorry, learn to drive, or buy me a new car.

I read lots of accident reports at work, and every time someone is run off the road by a phantom car or "uninvolved motorist" it does raise a little suspicion that the driver that crashed was just telling a story to cover their mistakes. Not saying that is the case here, but without any evidence, such reports are taken with a grain of salt.
                    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                      I've gotten really cranky in my old age. I guess I figure is some dimbulb is going to cause an accident, they ought to participate, also. I don't swerve off the road any more. If you are coming into my lane, hit me, swap paint, then get the tickets and pay my damage. I had a girl, on-coming, cut the curve into my lane- I didn't dive off the road, and she started blowing her horn, I guess to tell me to get out of her way. Sorry, learn to drive, or buy me a new car.

I read lots of accident reports at work, and every time someone is run off the road by a phantom car or "uninvolved motorist" it does raise a little suspicion that the driver that crashed was just telling a story to cover their mistakes. Not saying that is the case here, but without any evidence, such reports are taken with a grain of salt.
                      Same goes when trying to avoid deer. Many times the damage from the rollover is worse than just hitting the deer.
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                      <Motor out

Comment

I've gotten really cranky in my old age. I guess I figure is some dimbulb is going to cause an accident, they ought to participate, also. I don't swerve off the road any more. If you are coming into my lane, hit me, swap paint, then get the tickets and pay my damage. .
                        I don't know about that one, that's a dangerous game of chicken. I would prefer taking the lessor of two evils then just letting things take their course.

Comment

Turns out I also trashed an outer tie rod. A quick swap out and eyeballed the alignment. It took a wheel mounts and dismounts with some trial and error, but the car runs straight and true with the steering wheel straight. At some point I'll get an alignment to get it 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            I don't know about that one, that's a dangerous game of chicken. I would prefer taking the lessor of two evils then just letting things take their course.
                            Understandable- without credible witnesses, it becomes a game of he said/she said, your word against theirs- They drifted in my lane/you were across the centerline- It is almost to the point where I have considered picking up a used dash camera from some retired police cruiser just to have a witness driving around with me. Of course, there may be some maneuvers I wouldn't want recorded- like drifting the roundabouts at midnight, when nobody is around.
                            2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                            "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

like drifting the roundabouts at midnight, when nobody is around.
                              That's what WE would want to see!

That is one hell of an idea. I have digital micro cameras that I use for RC, it would be so simple to hook one of those up for recording on the road. Hmmmmm........

Comment

Working...
                              X