So I found a car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I found a car

So, I put a deposit down on my next car. I'll be closing on a BMW 328i on Saturday. I've attached a couple pictures.

I did drive a CTS DI for comparison. It had a better power to weight ratio, but the feeling wasn't quite the same. I was actually a little disappointed with GM after driving each back to back. They're close, but like I said the steering and ergonomics don't quite match up.

I still miss my bright red '96 Z28 with "Hearbeat of America" pin strpes. In a perfect world I could have both of these great cars. Hope it's doing well with its current owner. For now I'll be in search of curvey back roads.

Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

looks nice! I like those wheels, do you have more pics? and the bumper seems different than the ones I see here, theres lots of 3 series but not many 328, most of them are diesels. Did you get a good deal on it? How was the cts compared to the bmw?
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Nice ride. Welcome to the 328 club. 'course, my 328 is not a beemer.

Comment

This one spoke to me. It said "Let's go for a drive, and don't spare the curves!" I don't buy cars based on snob appeal. This is just plain fun.

My Dad would've appreciated this one. When I drove my first 3 series, my first though was "this feels like my Dad's Merc Mystique". I'm in love. Shades of 'my '96 Z28, but for different reasons.

To answer your question on the visual differences, front bumper, hood, headlights, side skirts, rear decklid and rear bumper were redsigned for the 2009 model. These wheels are optional 17" with runflats.

The main difference between the CTS and the BMW is the feel of the steering and brakes. The steering isn't is firm or as precise. The engine is much louder when pushed and isn't nearly as smooth. I will say that it had more interior space and a bigger trunk, accelerated faster and handled about as well. After adjusting the seats, my knees hit the steering wheel column or the center console. Sport mode is good, but throws civility out the window when pushed. I like the styling, but it's a little over the top for me. All things I could live with, but for this much money I'd like the car to feel just right.

I'm closing at $32k. It's well equipped but I avoided the iDrive system. I don't need navigation and the controls are a little complicated. This car was a loaner, so it was only worked on by BMW dealers and I could check out the maintenance records. They're repainting the front bumper and repairing some curb rash on the wheels first.

Here are some more pictures!

Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Looks great and not too far from me!

I'm over in Ellicott City.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
          X