Irene

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irene

Hope everybody made it ok through Irene.

We had power out for two days. Two trees down in the backyard but luckily nothing hit the house.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Glad you made it through OK. We didn't get much here in upstate NY, but the winds took a huge tree down in my Dad's area and it snapped the telephone pole out back like a tooth pick. The power wires were yanked out of his house.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Made it through pretty smoothly, lost power just over a day, and still for the cable to come back on....driving periodically to wifi location to check my messages...My Dad still is without power/phone/cable, they say a few more days without for him.

Al
      Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

I lost power for a day in MD. I volunteer as a disaster responder for the Red Cross and was quite busy.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

dodged the bullet on this one.

Comment

From what I've heard, southern Maryland got hit pretty hard. I'm not aware of any major issues in northern Virginia. Unfortunately, I did have a coworker that lost a family member in NY when the storm hit. Out of courtesy, I didn't ask about the details.

Thank goodness it wasn't a major problem for most folks, but it was a major storm for anyone that lost people close to them.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              dodged the bullet on this one.
              I believe the words dodging and hurricane in one sentence are the way to go.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

we made out fine.. no power loss.. no trees down.. got real lucky. others north and east of us got hit real hard.... terrible.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

While I made it out unscathed, I can't say the same for many parts of New Jersey. In my tiny little town, over 60 homes are devastated. In neighboring Monroe Twp., hundreds of homes are completely flooded out. As of yet, FEMA has been absent. It's really troubling to see the lack of response from the the big agencies. Many communities are still without power and are being told it may take another week.

Red Cross, FEMA, etc. have been slow to respond. The President has yet to visit (supposedly coming out Sunday) or even declared many areas a disaster. Several of my kids from my soccer team have been forced to live with friends and family, as their homes are going to have to be torn down or gutted.

I've worked numerous disasters over the years, (Ivan, Katrina, 9/11, the BP spill, etc.) and can say the devastation I'm seeing here is incredible. I just wish the outpouring of support those other areas of the country received would start trickling in here. Even with flood insurance, people are looking at well over $10,000 in deductibles and items not covered (foundation damage, clothing, furniture, home furnishings, etc. - all not covered)

Very sad....
                  Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I've been working trying to find out our transportation problems, the Catskill mountain area was devastated, with 12 inches of rain in 13 or 14 hours. Small creeks ran like the Mississippi River, washing away homes, bridges and roads. While there are a couple ski resorts in this area, there are also many poor people living up in the mountains and valleys that have lost everything. FEMA was here on Tuesdsay, and the governor has been around, with lots of state resources coming in. We are going to have a long haul to rebuild everything. Pretty tired of 12 and 13 hour days, can't wait until things slow down a little.
                    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                    X