Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of first startup on rebuilt LT1

Spun a rod bearing a couple weeks ago.

Just did a basic rebuild, but I did get a new crank and new set of rods and pistons. I didn't want to reuse anything that was in the motor with the spun bearing.

I got my new rods reconditioned with ARP rod bolts installed.

New cam bearings put in, and my new stock crank polished. Couldn't afford the 383 I wanted at this time.

I used clevite 77 rod, main and cam bearings and hastings rings.

Only problem is I put the motor in from the top and with these BBK shorty headers, the o2 sensor on the passenger side was hitting the firewall and the top wire got broken in half while installing the motor. So now I have to try to get that o2 sensor out of the header with it in the car, which is a huge pain.

Anyway, I took this video right after I started the engine. I will take another video tomorrow after I replace the o2 sensor and readjust my valve lash. It sounds amazing in person. It had sounded so bad for so long I forgot how this car sounded when it was running good. I had very thick carbon on everything, which is why I opted for a good set of pistons. The heads, intake and piston tops were caked with carbon. It was very very bad.

http://youtu.be/6g6pOVsiAps
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Well done!

Always love seeing the white cars stay alive...
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Runs like a scared cat too. I couldn't be happier.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnxN37vThUA
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Nice Job!!
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
        X