Appraisal of my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appraisal of my car

I'm going to have an appraiser come look at my car.

Anyone care to guess what they value it at?

1994 Z28 Camaro Convertible ; 60k miles on the car

Rarity:
    1 of 4 M6 convertibles painted dark green gray metallic. Two of them had tan interiors, and two had charcoal interiors. Mine is one of the charcoal interior cars. It has dealer installed leather because leather was not a 1994 option.

Condition:
    100% rust free, no salt car
    very few paint flaws, you have to look hard to find defects. Paint is a 9/10
    Interior is nearly 10/10. The dash cover started a small crack in the passenger corner years ago, but I fiberglassed it from behind.
    Leather seats are 10/10
    carpet is 9.5/10
    door panels are 10/10
    dashboard is 10/10
    center console is 10/10
    convertible top is an 8/10. It looks great, but there is one small wear mark in it near the rear window.
    original floormats are a 9.5/10
    sun visors / headliner are a 10/10

Factory options:
    6-speed manual transmission
    Dark Green-gray paint
    power everything including seat
    rear defrost in convertible top
    Bose stereo

Aftermarket options:
    Complete SLP Ultra-Z conversion.
    Includes: functional ramair hood, spoiler, wheels, badges, exhaust headers, swaybars, subframe connectors, tower brace, shocks and clutch.

Has additional mods as well.
    C5 corvette brakes
    white faced gauges
    Hurst shifter
    Borla catback exhaust

The car is minty clean. It looks like it could be sitting in a new car showroom.

Let the guessing begin!!
    What's the appraiser going to value it at?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

That's a tough one. I would think that the effect of rarity would depend mostly on the potential buyer. 60k is very low for a '94 car. I sold my '96 with 130k for $6500 back in 2005.

I think the 4th gens are still a little under-appreciated in the marketplace. 2nd gen cars are starting to gain the appeal once only reserved for the 1st gen. We're just on the brink of starting to see the 3rd gen gain popularity again.

I'm sure you know the deal with mods. As a collector item, any aftermarket stuff won't help with the value and it comes down to a potential buyers personal preference again.

It'd be interesting to know what the appraiser says. Maybe I'm off the deep end. I can't begin to guess what the value might be.

I loved my '96 Z28 and some days still wish that I had held onto it. It'd be close to near 200k on the odometer now though.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I'll vouch for Tracy's car since we've been to car shows together and we usually have a couple of the nicest cars in the F-body section. He's the only guy I know that just might be more finiky than me when it comes to detailing.

Comment

I will go ahead and guess $12,000.

Post up what it appraised at Tracy.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

There's been some confusion on the price of the appraisal - I was originally quoted $50 if I took it to the guy, now they are changing their price to $150.

I'm not exactly happy with the lack of professionalism as a result and am holding a grudge. grrrrr.

On a better note - I did install an LS1 aluminum drive shaft, rag joint eliminator and new steering rack in the car last weekend. The steering is tight like new now and I have an alignment scheduled for Tuesday. If things go well, it will have a set of 4 new Eagle F1 GS-D3's on it soon as well.

A note to all - If you replace the steering rack on your car be sure you get a replacement with the proper ratio. The first rebuilt unit I had on order ended up being the incorrect ratio, even though the parts place's computer listed it as the correct one for my car. Mine is 2.25 turns lock to lock. After digging around a bit I found that Autozone lists two different part numbers, one of them is generic and lists no ratio, the other gives much more detail and specifies it is 2.25 turns lock to lock. I unboxed it and verified the ratio in the store before paying for it.

Kevin - that rear pinion seal is still holding - it hasn't leaked a drop since we replaced it a few years back. I got a good look at it when installing the aluminum drive shaft.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

That's too bad about the appraisal. The other day I saw an 84 Ford Bronco on Barrett Jackson of all things. If they can get decent money on that, I'm sure your car could do well on the market.

Careful you don't end up sorry you sell it if you ever decide to. I still miss my '96Z. I had a lot of good memories with that car.

On the steering rack...Did they give you one from a V6 car? That's the only other version I know of.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
            X