Welcome to the updated site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the updated site

hello everyone, I got the site updated and should be much friendlier for us and many fellow enthusiasts have been trying to join and the old version was blocking many from signing on.

Al
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Looks nice!
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

I am working to learn more and hopefully make it nicer and even easier to navigate.

Al

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

Very nice indeed
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by 35th_camaro_ss
          hello everyone, I got the site updated and should be much friendlier for us and many fellow enthusiasts have been trying to join and the old version was blocking many from signing on.

Al
          That was most likely due to certain IP ranges being blocked. There was no image verification set up, so spammers from all over the world were flooding the forum registrations using bots. Without those blocks in place, it was not uncommon for me to have to delete a hundred registrations every single day. Those blocks got wiped on the first change over and you saw how quickly things got out of hand. 700 bot registrations created in just a couple days had to be deleted. I had blocked the IPs originating from certain countries like Turkey, Romania, Indonesia, etc... places where there won't be F-body enthusiasts. It was a major headache for me for years. The same went for certain e-mail domains that were known spammers. I certainly hope you've solved those issues. If not, god speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320 View Post
            That was most likely due to certain IP ranges being blocked. There was no image verification set up, so spammers from all over the world were flooding the forum registrations using bots. Without those blocks in place, it was not uncommon for me to have to delete a hundred registrations every single day. Those blocks got wiped on the first change over and you saw how quickly things got out of hand. 700 bot registrations created in just a couple days had to be deleted. I had blocked the IPs originating from certain countries like Turkey, Romania, Indonesia, etc... places where there won't be F-body enthusiasts. It was a major headache for me for years. The same went for certain e-mail domains that were known spammers. I certainly hope you've solved those issues. If not, god speed.
            yeah I remember...
            the old version was over 7yrs old, they say alot of improvements are in place.

Al

Comment

Good to see this worked out

Comment

Looking good!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Good to see the site is alive and well!!
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Nice work keeping this going

Nice work keeping this going
                    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Re: Welcome to the updated site

We found on another site with the same sw you have that even image verification let some through.

I blocked IP ranges like you but finally one if our admins changed spam control to requiring answering a question that was pretty easy but at least they had to answer. We haven't had any spam accounts since.

Good luck

Comment

I am using the question option also.

Al

Comment

Hey...very nice upgrade!
                          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Well ... Howdy, Guys .... any of you "old timers". Got my forum update email and thought I would stop by to say hi. Sold the WS6 a few years ago. Those that know me know that I work with BMWs for a living, although I am a Detroit Hot-Rodder at heart (grew up on Woodward).

Here's a pic of my current daily driver .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-4312756-132052314-3-WebLarge_0_17d79f53714b644d005d7cd80b2e4b56_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	255039

Name:	IMG_7770.jpg
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	255040

Name:	IMG_7777.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	255041

And ..... the ol' Chicken, on the track

Name:	M3EATERTurn6c.jpg
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	255042

Cheers,
                            Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Hi Gordon, good to see your still enjoying your track time, even if it is a BMW.

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X