Chevrolet Announces a Next Generation Camaro to be Bulit in USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrolet Announces a Next Generation Camaro to be Bulit in USA

Hello I got this memo that was released from GM today...

Today, GM announced that production of the next-generation Camaro will move from Oshawa Assembly to Lansing, Mich. This will inevitably raise some questions and speculation about what the announcement means for the future of Camaro.

For now, we can tell you that it does mean Chevrolet is committed to the Camaro, and we are already planning for the arrival of the sixth-generation car. It does not mean we are ready to announce the timing of the next-generation, or to confirm any details about a future Camaro.

Introduced as a 2010 model year, the fifth-generation Camaro still continues to be a success thanks to fans like you -- and we are not done yet. This year alone, we launched the Camaro ZL1 coupe and convertible, the Camaro 1LE, and introduced the Camaro Hot Wheels edition. We still have more news to come, and expect the fifth-generation Camaro, built by the team in Oshawa, will continue to bring new people to the Camaro community.

Thanks for your support, and we look forward to sharing more Camaro news with you in the future.

Al Oppenheiser
    Camaro Chief Engineer

John Fitzpatrick
    Camaro Marketing Manager
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Guess what else is built in Lansing....Cadillac ATS is assembled at the Grand River Assembly Plant.

It'll be interesting to see if it's on a modified Alpha platform.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I like the camaro being built in the USA, should be interesting

Hoping our friends to the north get to build something else...maybe another rwd perf vehicle

Al

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful
        tight leather skirt tight leather skirt
        mens leather shirt jacket mens leather shirt jacket
        studded white leather dress studded white leather dress
        women white leather jacket women white leather jacket
        women tan leather jacket women tan leather jacket

Comment

Here is some more news about it

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/gm-to...lant-1.1085416

Comment

Just watched the video you posted, I was talking to a Chevelle buddy of mine a few months ago and he said there was talk about a remake of the chevelle. Maybe made in Canada? Have you herd anything about this? I think that they should bring back the muscle cars of early years with modern technology. Don't get me wrong, I am a Die Hard Chevy fan, even when they built crap (every other car maker was too). But you have to admit that the stang and challenger look pretty tough. Have you seen the new dart? Its a neon, OMG that's wrong!
            SHwy1
            John 3:16 Remember that!
            Jack of all trades, Master of nun.

Comment

Should be more info coming soon about the 6th Generation Camaro as looks like Chevrolet plans to have it ready to come out in the 2nd half of 2015

Al

Comment

Working...
              X